Sig Sauer warranty issues? Are they hard to deal with or something?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I have NO real information on this, so maybe someone on INGO can enlighten me.

A few months back Midwest Gun Exchange started putting "all Sig Sauer firearms on clearance" in their advertising. Now at first I'll admit all I thought was, too much inventory, let's clear it out.

However, it seems there was more to the story. Whatever took place between Midwest and Sig, Midwest is no longer carrying Sig Sauer. They're truly clearing them out, not to be replaced.

Anyone in the know on this?

Here's the reference that cemented them no longer carrying Sig...(sorry, seems to be a FB vid only)...

https://www.facebook.com/midwestgunandrange/videos/vb.56365523411/10153673526423412/?type=2&theater

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It's not uncommon for distributors and manufacturers to have disagreements that lead to either the distributor discontinuing carrying the manufacturer's product, or the manufacturer cutting off the distributor. The video sounds like sour grapes to me. If other distributors and gun shops start voicing their concerns about Sig's warranty then I might be concern.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe SIG is too busy with assets keeping Indiana State Police from switching guns again!

In all seriousness though I had issues with SIG 20 years ago with some items. Seems if you were not an Agency with a 100 or mor gun order they didn't have time or concern for you.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I sent them a slide to my P220 back in 2010 to replace the extractor, they were great. Paid shipping both ways, and I think my slide was only gone about 10 days.
    I felt like it was outstanding customer service, but that was 6 years ago too.

Spucky138

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I had an issue with the laser on my 290RS. Called them up and got quick friendly help. They payed for shipping both ways and replaced my laser with a brand new one in less than a week.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I bought a used Mosquito a few years back and it had a broken rear sight. So I called Sig to ask how much they wanted for a replacement, and the rep asked for my address so he could ship me a new one free. He didn't ask if I was the original owner and I made it clear that it was not their fault. I was thinking great I'll have a new, free sight in about a week thru USPS. Then the next day FedEx stopped by with a small package that just happened to contain a new rear sight. In my opinion, it doesn't get any better than that. Times change as do companies so who knows how they are now, but I'll give them my business any day.

Top Bottom