• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Mine was pretty finicky about ammo. It ran (estimates) 98% with CCI Mini-Mags, 95% with Remington Golden Bullets, and terribly with anything else. Like, I think it had a FTE on every single round of Federal bulk pack ammo I fed it.

I don't miss it.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I am over 7000 rounds through mine. After a few tweaks it would run anything. At about 6000 rounds the trigger bar wore through the aluminum hard coat in the slot in the frame. I inlaid a strip of steel from a razor blade, polished a little and it is back up and working fine. I have run a lot of rounds through it and have no complaints for what it cost.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I have a Mosquito with 3500 round through it, overall it has been a good shooter for me. It comes with two springs one for high speed ammo 1200fps+ and a spring with white on it for lower speed ammo. Mine likes to run wet and being an Army Vet I clean it after using it. My Squad leader and a Team Leader had a strong MoJo about weapons cleaning. There is a guy on the rimfire forum that has written a lot about the pistol, care, feeding, mods, fixes,ect. Sig stopped making the weapon a few years ago and now GSG make a pistol called the Firefly that is the Mosquito by any other name. It a pistol you either like or hate but mine has been good to me. BTW how much was your deal asking for the weapon?
    Hope this helps,
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Worse new firearm i ever purchased.
    Back to Sig twice and worse when it came back both times.
    They finally replaced it and I promptly sent it down the road.
    Buddy of mine bought the replacement it knowing the story and claims he has had no problems.

jek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    The one we have has failure to eject at least once per mag, using CCI. As far as I remember Federal wasn't different, certainly not as bad as failing 80% of the time.
    Ours came with a foux suppressor, but neither it nor a real suppressor seemed to make much difference. It's certainly not a serious gun.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    They are junk, and not actually Sig made afaik.

That's what I had read a long time back when I was researching on which .22LR guns to buy and which to stay away from.
    It is one I never bought b/c of my research & I've bought nearly all of them looking for the "good" ones.
    They were high-maintenance, but some don't mind that.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I love me some sig sauers, my favorite gun manufacturer...but there’s 3 sigs I don’t own
    1-sig 1911s they’re over priced
    2-sig di ar15’s they’re over priced
    3-sig mosquitoes they’re the biggest pos sig has ever produced/imported/slapped their name on
    the mosquitoes are made in Germany by gsg they’re very picky on Ammo verrrry picky!!!!
    in fact mini mags are almost the only Ammo they’ll shoot, I hear that the gsg firefly has a wider variety of ammo if can shoot, but still isn’t a reliable gun, so as much as I like sigs I won’t own a mosquito or firefly

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I had one and it ran ok after 300 or so rounds, with lots of help from wd40. Got a 229 classic .22 and sold it. Nice little plinker, but just too picky. The 229 is beside me, overwatching the beanfield, as I type this. Wearing it's .40 caliber exchange kit, of course. It's been a good old gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My Skeeter's (3 of them) all ran just fine on about anything I fed them. Arent these made by GSG....????
    I have long since moved on.
    Sig badging.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Just find a Ruger MK ll and be happy.
    Meh. Maybe the 22/45 frame, but I personally think the ergonomics of the Ruger original are crap, for what it is.

I love a locked-wrist international pistol stance with a good target pistol, such as one might see on a 10 meter line.

The Mark I, etc. don’t apply to that, and are wonky for using the way I think of them. Same as the High Standards, Colts, etc. of the same era..

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Meh. Maybe the 22/45 frame, but I personally think the ergonomics of the Ruger original are crap, for what it is.

I love a locked-wrist international pistol stance with a good target pistol, such as one might see on a 10 meter line.

The Mark I, etc. don’t apply to that, and are wonky for using the way I think of them. Same as the High Standards, Colts, etc. of the same era..

Agree. I got CKW a Ruger 22/45 Lite and she loves it. I actually enjoy shooting it. Sometimes.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The new Taurus TX22 is a budget 22 LR that seems to be getting great reviews, and it holds 16 rounds in the magazine. I have a Ruger 22/45 that is a tack driver, but it is kind of a pain to field strip for cleaning.

Top Bottom