• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I've tried getting a straight answer to this question, but have been unable to so far.

Almost everyone I talk to recommends (of course) CCI Mini-Mag and Winchester Super-X 40gr solid ammo in this semi-auto rifle. However, my brother just gave me 200 rounds of CCI Mini-Mag 36GR HP ammo, and I'm wondering if this type of ammo is appropriate for a rifle. I've always considered 36gr HP appropriate for .22 handguns, but not rifles.

Am I wrong? I'm going to guess that this HP ammunition would shoot through my rifle, but not sure if I should or not.

Thanks for any insight.

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My SIG 522 has had every type of ammo I can find thru it. No problems no hiccups whatsoever and I can't say that about all of the .22lr rifles I own (owned) anyway............so what is your question?

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I was finally able to get a hold of my father on the phone. He agrees with what you've said, and that is that 36gr HP will cycle the semi-auto just fine and fire just fine from this 522. Thanks.

3badkids

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IMG_1200_zpsd35692f3.jpg

My Sig 522 ( commando) is by far the best functioning / accurate / best fact trigger of any .22LR I've owned

Good choice

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My SIG 522 has had every type of ammo I can find thru it. No problems no hiccups whatsoever and I can't say that about all of the .22lr rifles I own (owned) anyway............so what is your question?

Same here, including some stuff I found in an old steel coffee can in Dad's bedroom, after he passed. Ammo was quite crusty, Sig ate it willingly?

Top Bottom