• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My current carry is the Shield 2.0. Since the new Shield plus came out, I have been reading every review that I can find. I mean, at least 2 more rounds? And just a hair wider? And I love my shield.

But, I have always wanted a Sig. I think the P320 is too wide for what I want. So that leaves the P365. But, with the problems people have had with reliability…but that may have been fixed. And another complaint is it MAY be too small. Sooo there’s the XL. Which I was able to hold today. And I liked the feel of it.

Shield Plus VS Sig P365 XL. What am I missing? What’s the Pros and Cons?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I also have the Shield 2.0 9mm and have looked at the Plus several times now (haven't shot one). I'm a big M&P fan but kind of disappointed with the standard 3in Plus model. The capacity is great but doesn't come with night sights, red dot capability, and no light rail like most competitors including the 365 series. Also hard to find extra mags at this point.

The 365 series is good to go now. There were some growing pains in the beginning but Sig has worked them out from what I'm told and read. If I had to choose between the two I would likely go with the 365 for reasons I listed above over the Smith.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You can also do a 365x (or just make one yourself without the optic cut on the slide, if you want 365 sized slide, but an XL grip module). The XL grip modules are relatively cheap for the 365. Some of the aftermarket laser engraved, etc modules can get a bit pricier.

I'd say the issues with 365's have been worked out.

Pro's to the 365:
    • grip modules can easily be replaced, textured, etc for relatively low cost
    • modularity for grip module sizing
    • 12 round/15 round mags are fairly easy to find
    • comes with Xray night sights from the factory (assuming you like green tritium)
    • if you go with the XL the slide is already optic ready
    • new 12 round mags come with the floor plates for either the 365 or XL grip module.
    Con's to the 365:
    • mags can be fairly pricey compared to other platforms. (Watch Osage for sales)
    • early teething issues, but I'd say rectified. That said, this can lead to some disparity in parts because Sig doesn't clearly define gens, etc on their guns and parts.
    • XL is optic ready, but at least on the model I have you lose the rear sight when you remove the plate. Some of the newer 320 slides rectify this, but not sure if newer XL's have changed this or not.

I can't speak to the Shield Plus directly as I have not handled/shot one. I have a Shield 2.0 that I am largely keeping because my son likes it and is interested in obtaining it from me eventually.

jwj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    Columbus
    I have 2 Shield Pluses.

1 is just the standard 3.1 inch model and the other is the 4.0 inch performance center model without optic.

I’ve put 50 rounds through the 3.1 inch model and about 200 through the performance center.

Mags are hard to come by, I’ve never seen any available for sales

I have a standard p365 that I put the XL grip on. I’ve run about 500 rounds through it at the range.

I find I shoot better with the Sig.

Sig is a little prouder of their mags than S&W, but at least you can *get* them. And with options like the Tac Pack, you can get 3 mags with the p365.

I like the straight trigger that comes with the X and XL better than the standard P365 (curved), the shield plus trigger is better than my original shield 2.0

Shield Plus is 13+1, p365x/xl is 12+1 or 15+1.

Right now, I’m kicking around whether I want to get into a p365x so I can get a flat trigger and a slide cut for an optic, or look at one of the more compact p320s as a carry weapon. I’m not to the point in my training yet as to being ready to carry, but it is an eventual goal. Im a bigger guy, so I don’t *need* the smallest weapon….

The shield plus is a little less cost I believe, and there are models with upgraded sights, optic etc. If you really like your shield 2.0, the plus might be a logical upgrade path for you!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Flat trigger for the 365 can be had for about $35 at Osage. Currently out of stock but should come back in fairly quick. I have one in my carry 365. Need to outfit the others with one as well for consistency.

jwj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    Columbus
    Yeah, Sig themselves has them in stock for $50 and Acme in Seymour shows the flat triggers in their ‘warehouse’ for about the same price Sig gets.

I’m waiting to decide presently it I want an optic or not. I bought my first pistol with a red dot last week and have never shot one yet. Hope to get to the range in the next couple days to see what I think.

If I want optic, I’m probably just gonna buy a P365X with an optic because the slide with optic and flat trigger are ~400 and a P365X with optic is $775 and I’d get a couple more mags with it. Seems like I’d be money ahead that way and I’d have a P365 I could sell or keep as a spare…. Of course if I keep it as a spare? I’m probably buying the flat trigger anyways :)

Man this is an addictive hobby :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I agree with most of the pros and cons listed. All I can say is that I have shot 2 different P365 XL's, one with the standard frame and one with the Wilson Combat frame and I didn't like them. Not sure why, but I shot them and thought Meh. Contrast that with the Shield Plus and I've carried it from the moment I picked one up and I love it. To be fair, I carried a original Shield for a couple of years and really liked it and missed it when I moved away from it. Now I have the Shield Plus and a very nice holster for it that carries really well and I'm happy. Just wish it had come with nightsights and the ability to mount a red dot. I don't care for the longer barrel or the other features of the performance series, so I didn't want to go that route. I may have to see if AllenM can cut the slide for an optic.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    Vote here for the 365x. I’m sure the XL would be fine too as I like the bigger frame. Shoots great, conceals great. I’m not much of a trigger snob, but I do think the sig trigger feels cheap….plastic-y. May change at some point, but function wise it’s fine for now.

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    I am still trying to decide what the next handgun will be? I have always had great luck with sig product. the 365 fits my hand well. The M&P is on the list and so is the hellcat. Still on the fence.
    guess I am no help at all.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have both a P365x (actually, 2 of them) and a standard Shield Plus. I prefer the P365x and carry it 90% of the time or more. I just bought the Shield Plus because I have several M&P pistols and really like the platform, but honestly, I don't really need it. It basically duplicates the role that my P365x fills just fine. Bonus: I can actually buy more mags for the P365x if I need them. No luck yet on the Shield Plus.

Everyone's hand is different, but to me, the Shield sits a bit higher in the hand, and is not as natural feeling as the P365x. The Shield has 2 less capacity than the P365x with the standard mag, but is about the same dimensions as the P365x. The Shield gives me a 2 finger grip, the P365x gives me a full 3 finger grip, even though they are about the same height. The Shield is heavier than the P365x.

Accessories are plentiful for both, with the exception of current mag availability for the Shield Plus. Either will serve you well with regards to reliability.

From a strictly numbers perspective, if that matters to you:

pic1.PNG

Pic1a.PNG

pic2.PNG

pic3.PNG

pic4.PNG

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have both a P365x (actually, 2 of them) and a standard Shield Plus. I prefer the P365x and carry it 90% of the time or more. I just bought the Shield Plus because I have several M&P pistols and really like the platform, but honestly, I don't really need it. It basically duplicates the role that my P365x fills just fine. Bonus: I can actually buy more mags for the P365x if I need them. No luck yet on the Shield Plus.

Everyone's hand is different, but to me, the Shield sits a bit higher in the hand, and is not as natural feeling as the P365x. The Shield has 2 less capacity than the P365x with the standard mag, but is about the same dimensions as the P365x. The Shield gives me a 2 finger grip, the P365x gives me a full 3 finger grip, even though they are about the same height. The Shield is heavier than the P365x.

Accessories are plentiful for both, with the exception of current mag availability for the Shield Plus. Either will serve you well with regards to reliability.

From a strictly numbers perspective, if that matters to you:

View attachment 155607

View attachment 155608

View attachment 155609

View attachment 155610

View attachment 155611

I have made up my mind to get the Sig. But, I am now trying to figure out if I want a 365, or the XL.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm like Route 45 but the opposite. I have had a gen I Shield for years and gave the P365 a try. It came down to the Sig's trigger, while really nice, it just felt too different from my M&Ps which I favor for carry and target shooting. Sold it off

Now I have a Shield Plus and just took a P365XL in trade. I will give it another try but expect the results will be the same.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I really want to try out a P365x. I absolutely love my Shield Plus, but not being optics ready or having night sights OOTB is a bummer. Add on the mag drought and I'm very sad. I didn't like the trigger on the P365XL, so I may not like the P365x, but I'd like to test it out to be sure.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Which slide length would you prefer?
    No idea. I was able to shoot the XL the other day, and was shock how well I shot it compared to my shield and G43x.

I plan on trying out the 365 for comparison.

I like the grip length on the XL, but the 365 feels good too. Just not crazy about how I would have to change my grip to reload a mag. But I suppose I’d get used to it. I can also see how the 365 would be a lot easier to conceal.

Slide length wouldn’t matter, I AIWB carry the Shield and G43x pretty easily.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No idea. I was able to shoot the XL the other day, and was shock how well I shot it compared to my shield and G43x.

I plan on trying out the 365 for comparison.

I like the grip length on the XL, but the 365 feels good too. Just not crazy about how I would have to change my grip to reload a mag. But I suppose I’d get used to it. I can also see how the 365 would be a lot easier to conceal.

Slide length wouldn’t matter, I AIWB carry the Shield and G43x pretty easily.
    If slide length doesn't matter, then you can change the grip module easily enough on either the 365 or XL to take the other's grip module, or get a 365X if you want shorter slide and optic cut.

The 12 round mags now come with both floor plates, to fit either grip module. The 365 grip module with a 12 round mag is the same length of grip as the XL.

This is the strength of the 365 compared to the Shield.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If slide length doesn't matter, then you can change the grip module easily enough on either the 365 or XL to take the other's grip module, or get a 365X if you want shorter slide and optic cut.

The 12 round mags now come with both floor plates, to fit either grip module. The 365 grip module with a 12 round mag is the same length of grip as the XL.

This is the strength of the 365 compared to the Shield.
    I didn’t even think of the X model.

duboismd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Indy
    Love the 365 and 365xl. When at work, wear the 365 in an ankle holster. Most other times carry the xl with Sig Zero in appendix. Both have many rounds through them. Not one problem. Can't go wrong either way you go. Same could be said for the Shield but have never held or shot one. BTW - agree with having a flat/straight trigger swapped out on 365.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    If you want a shield plus with night sights look into model number 13250. It also comes with three mags. I doubt you will find it in a local gun shop but they do show up online once in a while if looking. These come at a premium at higher price point.

Top Bottom