• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I picked up a nice P239 SAS DAK 9mm last night. It was manufactured in 2004 and is a Gen 1. Nickle slide and controls and night sights. It has never been carried...there is no holster wear at all. There are some sig smileys on the barrel but the frame rails still have the anodized black on them. I bought it from my LGS (thanks guys), but the previous owner was a LEO. It feels tight, looks new and is heading to my sig armorer next week for a checkup. It feels good when a plan comes together.
    Cheers
    -Rolo

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Congrats! Love my P239, although I wish I had the two-tone rather than the nitron-finished slide. One of these days, I may spend the money to have that sucker bead blasted.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a 239 in 40S&W......it has been my nightstand gun for years...great ergonomics, great quality and easy to point and shoot.

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    I am a big sig fan. Not really that big, about 190lbs, but love the sigs, can you go wrong with them? ok, maybe some of the newer models leave a little to be desired, but to go with the proven models, you never will go wrong. I sold one that I do regret, a 245 {220 compact} that I should have never let go, but it did go to a police officer.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I am a big sig fan. Not really that big, about 190lbs, but love the sigs, can you go wrong with them? ok, maybe some of the newer models leave a little to be desired, but to go with the proven models, you never will go wrong. I sold one that I do regret, a 245 {220 compact} that I should have never let go, but it did go to a police officer.

I have found that getting rid of a Sig is like getting rid of a good dog. You'll always regret it. :ingo:

rolodetective

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Valparaiso

Funny.....I sold a P220 Compact to get my P239. I couldn't be happier. The P239 carries sooo much better and looks better doing it. ;)

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I traded my M&P 9C for my P239. I am very happy. It is now my primary CC.....sorry Kimber.

Out of the box it is the most accurate and reliable SA I have owned (7 and counting)

Congrats on a great choice.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    love my 239 so much, ive been drooling over a 226, and lo and behold i found p226 in my lgs, so now my 239 has a big brother ...i own (or will as soon as my tax check gets back) a like new german p226 in box 2 mags made in 88 (if the date code i found online is right)...doubt its been fired much

now the bad news...looks like i need another holster

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    love my 239 so much, ive been drooling over a 226, and lo and behold i found p226 in my lgs, so now my 239 has a big brother ...i own (or will as soon as my tax check gets back) a like new german p226 in box 2 mags made in 88 (if the date code i found online is right)...doubt its been fired much

now the bad news...looks like i need another holster
    Dear ShooterSix....I own a like new German 226, with box, papers and also 2 mags....I absolutely LOVE that gun (it is my competition gun). Get one, you will not be disappointed. I have the E2 grips on mine and just couldn't be happier!
    For those of you who have *traded* your Sigs for something else.....HERESEY!!!! SHAME on ALL of you! (lol! :D)
    I also love love LOVE my 220 compact. That is one gun I would .... wait.... all of my guns are NO-Trades....hmmm. I think I have a problem....
    Go Team SIG! :) Yeti, you'd better post some pics of your new addition when you get it!!!!!

Congrats OP on your new Sig

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Is there a good Sig gunsmith in the Indy area? Just got a P226 and I would like to have it checked out. Factory does a complete tear down rebuild for $79.00. That seems reasonable for a like new pistol

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Got this yesterday from Sig mktg...

sigdeal.jpg

Boz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Muncie
    Sigs are really sweet guns. You can find 100% reliable guns cheaper (Glock, XD, Smith M&P), but in my opinion, Sigs are first class. Not only in reliability and accuracy, but in fit as well. My 229 fits my hand like a glove. My wife likes the 225. Perfect fit for her small hands.

John224

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    239   0   1
    Apr 8, 2010
    West Indianapolis
    Is there a good Sig gunsmith in the Indy area? Just got a P226 and I would like to have it checked out. Factory does a complete tear down rebuild for $79.00. That seems reasonable for a like new pistol

Get the DVD or just watch one on utube, they are easy to work on, P232 is a little different though. Cheaper than $79.00.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    When I bought my P239 last year I had similar thoughts, as it was manufactured in about 1997. But there didn't appear to be much wear to anything except the Nitron finish, and it's functioned perfectly. I did invest a few bucks in a stainless guide rod just because the stock plastic one felt cheap in the context of such a nicely made pistol, and I bought a new recoil spring. She shoots and carries great and has become my favorite CC pistol. I don't even mind what is really pretty mild wear to the Nitron...it removes any worry I might have about marring the finish of a brand-new gun.

Top Bottom