• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ever since I bought the Sig Lima365 Laser for my Sig P365, I have had a devil of a time getting it to activate with my normal grip. I was just about to give up on it and toss it, but I have come up with a simple solution that works. I had an old racing bicycle rubber inner tube laying around that I got from a bike shop for free. The markings on the inner tube are 20-622 (700 x 20C) so I assume that is the size. I cut off 1/2" of tube with scissors. I turned the piece inside out so the white powder was on the outside and wiped off the powder. I figured that the white powder, if left inside, might cause the rubber ring to slip. I took the Sig Lima365 Laser off my Sig P 365. I slipped the whole ring of inner tube over the switch and completely around the assembly and reinstalled it on my Sig P365. I've had it in place for a few weeks and carried it every day. The switch with the inner tube in place now allows me to activate the switch with my normal grip and grip pressure without thinking about it.
    a7nqvCc.jpg

zQjIKYG.jpg

0PXcPc9.jpg

ANjaXnl.jpg

xjAcUoi.jpg

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I applaud your ingenuity. But it seems like a lot to go through to get a product to work right. I probably would have chosen a different laser/light. But...if you have already made the holster investment, I understand you interest in getting it to work. Kudos on the fix

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I applaud your ingenuity. But it seems like a lot to go through to get a product to work right. I probably would have chosen a different laser/light. But...if you have already made the holster investment, I understand you interest in getting it to work. Kudos on the fix
    It was a quick, no cost, solution. I think that Sig may have a larger button on the newer models. Considering the Crimson Trace green models run around $360 and the Sig is around $200, I think I'm still ahead of the game. My buddy has the Crimson Trace on his Sig P365 and it has gone tango uniform after a couple of years of use. He's now considering the Sig Lima.

Top Bottom