Sig customer service / custom shop specials (and Murphy on the range)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Murphy dry humped me at the range today.

1) I pinched a chunk of my little finger off catching it between the mag well and floor plate on a reload.

2) The fiber optic fell out of the front sight of my P226

3) The speaker on my Shotmaxx timer went out and now sounds like a sad old man's fart.

#1 addressed with a bandage.

#2 addressed with Sig (which will make up the main point of this post)

#3 has yet to be addressed, but I did send an e-mail to Shotmaxx. I'll follow up there at a later date.

My P226 was built in 2008 per the S/N. Sig offered to send me a replacement front sight for free. This is a gun I bought used that's 7 years old, so I thought that was plenty fair.

This is the gun I wanted to have a trigger job and get the weight lowered a bit anyway and was thinking of sending to Bruce Gray. I asked if it would be possible just to roll the sight installation into a Sig Custom Shop package and was told absolutely, plus they had a special on several of their services. They are running $50 off Action Enhancement Package, SRT install, and not sure what else. $55 nets you round trip shipping via FedEx with a pre-printed label.

I don't know exactly how the workmanship between Sig Custom Shop and Bruce Gray shake out, but I they said their turn around time was 4 weeks and that was the main deciding factor to me, the price was a bonus but not the main factor.

I'll update when I get it back. I plan to ship it out Monday.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Oh, and if anyone is curious you can still shoot just fine even with the FO missing. It'd suck at night, but it basically turns it into a plain black front sight. I shot about as well as I normally do, maybe a fuzz slower, but within normal variations.

20150618_102653_zpsv7y6rwbo.jpg

I think my pinky being bandaged was more aggravating than the missing FO rod.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I pinched my palm on a reload ONCE with my 1911 and a flush mag. I carry nothing but mags with basepads. I'll never pinch my hand again. That some bich hurts like a mofo. I'll sometimes carry a flush mag in the gun but the reloads are always basepadded up.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    3) The speaker on my Shotmaxx timer went out and now sounds like a sad old man's fart.

It looks like this is going to be user error.

In reply to my email, Shottmaxx was very gracious and suggested that before we start the return process to attempt to charge it for 4 hours if it was not already fully charged. I plugged it in and it immediately told me I was at 1% battery power. Lesson learned: Speakers require sufficient electrical power to sound right.

dumb-kitty.png

Top Bottom