• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Just wondering if anyone has made a Sig .556 Pistol into a SBR with a Slide Fire .Of course you would have to buy a stamp for your SBR permit. I figure about 610.00 for slide fire ,tube and stamp would be cheaper than a real machine gun. Has anyone done this and how did it perform. Thanks

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Nobody's done it that I've ever heard of....although I'd enjoy the opportunity to develop the stock for it if you decide to make it

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just wondering if anyone has made a Sig .556 Pistol into a SBR with a Slide Fire .Of course you would have to buy a stamp for your SBR permit. I figure about 610.00 for slide fire ,tube and stamp would be cheaper than a real machine gun. Has anyone done this and how did it perform. Thanks
    Will the slide-fire even work on the 556? It may slide over the tube, but will it properly align with the grip/trigger guard area?

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    SIG

Will the slide-fire even work on the 556? It may slide over the tube, but will it properly align with the grip/trigger guard area?
    Dont know for sure ,but my sig .556 pistol and my ruger .556 rifle are exactly the same frame and grip thats why im asking to see if anyone as done this.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Dont know for sure ,but my sig .556 pistol and my ruger .556 rifle are exactly the same frame and grip thats why im asking to see if anyone as done this.
    Are you saying that this rifle
    ruger_sr556_1.gif

has the exact same frame and grip as this pistol?
    556pistol-detail-R.jpg

If that is what you are talking about then you are sorely mistaken. The Sig lower receiver is NOT a normal AR15 receiver, it is VERY different. Either you have something other than a Sig556 pistol, you have some oddball contraption made by some 3rd party which pieces together an AR lower with a sig upper (I don't even see how that would work right), or you are just mistaken.

Top Bottom