• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I think an Ar and a shotgun would be the ticket. Chances are you will not be alone, when this happens. Your wife and kids will be with you so each of them could be armed. They say the winchester was the gun that won the west, but really it was the shotgun that put food on the table. Also lets not forget the .22 It isn't too hard to backpack a couple thousand rounds, try that with your ar.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I think an Ar and a shotgun would be the ticket. Chances are you will not be alone, when this happens. Your wife and kids will be with you so each of them could be armed. They say the winchester was the gun that won the west, but really it was the shotgun that put food on the table. Also lets not forget the .22 It isn't too hard to backpack a couple thousand rounds, try that with your ar.

:+1: Gotta have a shotgun and a rifle :twocents:

IndianaWoodsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    East Central
    I personally would vote for the shotgun (20 gauge min.) and a Ruger or Remington .22. I believe that Remington makes the best semi-auto .22 currently on the market, for the price. Ruger's 10/22 is ok but jams occasionally. Remington's 597 or Viper has never jammed for me except with a clip malfunction once.
    As for the shotgun, semi-auto or pump. I like my single-shots but they are just not practical in an SHTF scenario.

Top Bottom