• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have heard a similar story as well. In northern Indiana, North Judson to be exact, there is a large mint crop, and supposedly they were brought in to eat the aphids that were damaging the mint crop. Whether or not that story is true, I cannot say. I can tell you that there are often many more ladybugs in the North Judson area than in the surrounding areas. I suppose that's anecdotal evidence at best, but the difference in bugs across a 40 mile drive is big.

My farmer friends tell me the orange "lady-bugs" are actually "bean beetles" and are trying to break into your nice warm house since winter is coming. They were introduced to control aphods, now they're a pest. Ain't it great when man decides to play with "Mother Nature"? We tend to always screw it up! They will last inside all year around, definitely pests!

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Come on...WP rounds? Isn't that a bit much?

I LIKE it!!!!! :):

While these gentlemen didn't quite go to that extreme, their solution to bee infestation was rather unique

From the Something Awful comedy goldmine:

Oh dear lord, Bees

:rockwoot:this is completely off topic (mostly) and of no practical solution to an indoor problem. sorry but I had to share.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Inside the home? Okay. Precision is needed.

How about a radio controlled Hornet all weather fighter/bomber, with some radio controlled soldiers on the ground with laser designators painting the little bastards until the aircraft can drop tiny little LGBs (cant use 500 lb GP ones, so how about .0500 lb GP ones?).

Watched Clear and Present Danger last night. Maybe attached to this bug bombing fantasy....

Incidentally, is there any way to destroy these little buggers? Traps maybe? I am going to Eagle Creek Nursery soon as we are getting them at work!!

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    These little devils were released originally in Louisiana to combat some sort of pest. They have migrated north. The first year we had them was in 1994 and I hate them. Glad to be sharing them with all of you!

Top Bottom