• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    We have been killing the invaders for at least 5 hours. They just keep coming.

We are using chemical agents and brute force. They are too fast to shoot at as individuals Many are dead all around my home, some have made it in but we have been able to kill them.

The evil ladybug invasion of 2008 is in full force. If you wear white, they will target and bite you-

there is no escape

stay indoors!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    We have been killing the invaders for at least 5 hours. They just keep coming.

We are using chemical agents and brute force. They are too fast to shoot at as individuals Many are dead all around my home, some have made it in but we have been able to kill them.

The evil ladybug invasion of 2008 is in full force. If you wear white, they will target and bite you-

there is no escape

stay indoors!

The only solution is a shop vac, good luck.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I thought these orange guys were termed Asian ladybugs - Japanese beetles, or so I've always been told, are critters that eat tomato leaves and look iridescent, kinda like an oil slick on water..

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Too Cool! Just like "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.

The battle is increasing in tempo! My son has fired up the shop vac!

They are attacking him. They are counter attacking with chemical weapons-some type of stink bombs - the smell is horrible from the shop vac! They know they are doomed and are using the smell to attempt to drive us back inside.

They just keep coming

The chemical spectricide is dropping them left and right. They are going to the warm side of the house. I'm spraying the outside of the window corners and doors to make sure they get hit by the chemical before they enter and soon die.

I'm looking out the back of my home and they are swarming and heading to our house. Thousands and thousands flying towards our home.

I hate ladybugs this time of year.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Break out the WMD's

bugs-bomb.gif

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I drove through 3 or 4 clouds of them this afternoon. It was kinda like a Hitchcock movie. Ran into folks at the boat ramp swatting and complaining big time.

Last year, at the old place, I'd be covered with the bugs spraying that high dollar Cyper all over the house and barn exteriors. This year, so far I've only seen a few strays.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've been told that Purdue originally introduced them to eat aphids.

I have heard a similar story as well. In northern Indiana, North Judson to be exact, there is a large mint crop, and supposedly they were brought in to eat the aphids that were damaging the mint crop. Whether or not that story is true, I cannot say. I can tell you that there are often many more ladybugs in the North Judson area than in the surrounding areas. I suppose that's anecdotal evidence at best, but the difference in bugs across a 40 mile drive is big.

Top Bottom