• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was asking about his Harley in the stream. He didn't respond until that came up. It's funny that he doesn't see the cost/value equation. How much is a used Kaw worth vs. a Harley? I routinely see Jap cruiser for sub 4k, don't see many HD's other than sportsters that cheap.

Huh, small world. :)

Personally, I am not qualified to comment on this argument. Other than the fact that all of my metric bikes have been bought with cash for under 4K.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I am considering getting rid of my Ultra Limited now that I have the Goldwing. I would really like something smaller just for shorter rides and to ride around town.

Have you seen what Triumph has been putting out lately? Man, they are killing it. They hit a homerun with their bobber last year, and now they totally redid the Speedmaster. I'm taking a good long look at the latter. The version I'm interested in comes in around $13,500. Very tempting.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was asking about his Harley in the stream. He didn't respond until that came up. It's funny that he doesn't see the cost/value equation. How much is a used Kaw worth vs. a Harley? I routinely see Jap cruiser for sub 4k, don't see many HD's other than sportsters that cheap.

James has always been a Harley hater. Are you saying he bought a Harley?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Have you seen what Triumph has been putting out lately? Man, they are killing it. They hit a homerun with their bobber last year, and now they totally redid the Speedmaster. I'm taking a good long look at the latter. The version I'm interested in comes in around $13,500. Very tempting.

I haven’t seen them, but I will look into it.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have a problem.. it is the Indian Scout FTR750 flat/street tracker. And I would love a street glide and a couple other 2 stroke street bikes.... Love the street tracker style and a glide would be great for 2 up riding for me and the wife. My fixation with 2 strokes most folks don’t get. It’s almost the same as the Harley potato potato potato but just ding da ding da ding:rolleyes:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    POTATO POTATO POTATO!!!

I haven't been on the bike in far too long...bad weather will do that. New baby takes precedent on the couple days we have had nice weather. I get to see it in the garage every day, though.

12187727_1055044764520012_3815593520846510226_n.jpg

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    POTATO POTATO POTATO!!!

I haven't been on the bike in far too long...bad weather will do that. New baby takes precedent on the couple days we have had nice weather. I get to see it in the garage every day, though.

12187727_1055044764520012_3815593520846510226_n.jpg
    2IxiNFp.png

It's been forever since I got mine out too. I did really well about not wanting to ride until late January, then I started missing it terribly. Congratulations on addition to the family too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have a problem.. it is the Indian Scout FTR750 flat/street tracker. And I would love a street glide and a couple other 2 stroke street bikes.... Love the street tracker style and a glide would be great for 2 up riding for me and the wife. My fixation with 2 strokes most folks don’t get. It’s almost the same as the Harley potato potato potato but just ding da ding da ding:rolleyes:

The square wave power delivery curve has nothing to do with it, eh?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Is the Limey still a real Limey? Where can I see one?
    My last Triumph was the Trident.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Is the Limey still a real Limey? Where can I see one?
    My last Triumph was the Trident.

bRUc60G.jpg

I think Triumph is similar to Indian. The name is the same, but it's a different company than what it originally was. As for where they're made, they've got factories in England, plus a couple other countries.

It's funny. The lack of a dealer network, which is my biggest gripe about Indian, isn't troubling me about Triumph, and I think they're network is probably smaller than Indian. I guess I like the bike so much that it doesn't bother me. I'm going to test ride one, and if it has enough oomph to haul my lard around, and I don't look like a circus bear on it, I'll add one to the garage.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    So long as I don't get called in to work, I'll be picking up my 17 FXDLS on Tuesday. SUUUUUPER stoked...and it's supposed to be 60 degrees out!

Top Bottom