• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    So who uses a shoulder holster here? Why do you used it and in what application do you use it? I'm interested in a leather one what do you all suggest? Thanks

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Try before you buy. And don't buy unless when you try it feels great... not good ... great. Otherwise it'll just hang in your closet.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I have 2 shoulder holisters, and almost NEVER wear them... the only exception, is when it is REALLY COLD, and I am SURE, I am not staying inside too long.....

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I just used it today. I took my kids sledding. With a snow suit on it works out great. I also use it when we go hiking in the cold. For the most part I only use it when it is cold out. Its to hard to have a belt holster on with all those layers. That is the only time I use it. I would get one.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    There is a booth at the 1500 everytime that I have been to it and they have some great shoulder holsters. It is a company that is from Tenn and they make all there holsters and other gear in Tenn I have a shoulder holster that I bought from them 8yrs ago and it is still going strong. I normally wear it 7-9 months out of the year, in 90 degree days is the only time I dont wear it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Ditto on the Miami Classic. Used one for plain clothed security gigs I did (when I was in that business). Very comfortable!:yesway:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    +1 on the Miami Classic II. Galco just seems to do it right!
    Carry a Dan Wesson V-Bob under a short jacket, leather to lightweight, doesn't show and very comfortable.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I bought a used S&W shoulder rig. It was a steal and I use it all winter. My winter carry gun is a 4566 and it feels great under my left arm. The only drawback for me is that I usually feel the need to carry a BUG when wearing it. There could be an occasion where I simply don't have time to unlimber the big Smith and I need a snappy retort to a bad situation. I solved that dilemma with a CZ 82. They are inexpensive but not cheap by any means. The ammo in bulk is also very reasonable, more so than either .380 or 9x19.

HD_darla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    I, like many others use one mainly during winter and when I have to get all fancied up. Like suit coat and all... There is a side affect for me though... I start using a horrible Sean Connery voice and saying stuff like "Darla... HD Darla" =D

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    I have one for when I want to throw on my G19 and a spare mag when not wearing a belt. Most ranges do not appreciate you drawing out of one, and if you can't practice then whats the sense.- George

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I usually only wear mine on really long car rides/when traveling simply because it's the most comfortable option IMO. I've got the Galco Classic Lite, it's comfortable, don't really have anything to compare it to though. My advice would just to be avoid going the cheap route and spend some money on a quality brand.

Top Bottom