• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes. You should ALWAYS be prepared for riots. If you do this, then you will be ready for most any calamity which may occur as an act of nature or an act of human volition.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Why would people in Fort Wayne be rioting over a murder case in Florida?

I believe the OP is talking about all cities, not just Fort Wayne.

As for being prepared for it, yes. We all need to be prepared for this and many other scenario's that may arise. There have been threats made from most major cities in the US. Twitter and Facebook have had these posts from all over the country.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I would agree, but the question seems to me to be analogous with the fact that you should always have a fire extinguisher rather than going to buy one only when you specifically expect a fire.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Yes. You should ALWAYS be prepared for riots. If you do this, then you will be ready for most any calamity which may occur as an act of nature or an act of human volition.

This is why many of us, for a very long time, have tried to stay prepared with ammo, food, water and other necessary supplies. Storms, riots, power outages, earthquakes or other disasters can come along any time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So...where do you keep your water cannon and APC's?

I wish, but I am equipped to make life for difficult than it otherwise would be for wayward rioters. You may recall the scenes from the LA riots with the Korean merchants who held their own quite nicely.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I had never considered the possibility of this. Why hasn't anyone posted about this before?
    Oh, if nothing else at least it gave you a good reason to roll your eyes this afternoon :):

I believe the OP is talking about all cities, not just Fort Wayne.

As for being prepared for it, yes. We all need to be prepared for this and many other scenario's that may arise. There have been threats made from most major cities in the US. Twitter and Facebook have had these posts from all over the country.
    ^^^ This.

I'm really just after everyone's opinion on the subject as to if it would actually happen. The media has done a really good job trying to slant this as a race issue.

We make preparedness for riots part of our preps just as everyone else should as well. I even have a couple fire extinguishers...

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Evansville was on FIRE in the summer of '68. Riots can and do happen startlingly frequently.

Racially motivated or not, riots are just one more form of disaster. I personally rank mob action as a lesser threat than a tornado or flash flood.

Not that I'll have to worry about that now with the nearest neighbor a half mile away.
    Now, if the Kankakee ever floods, that'll portend serious trouble.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    http://http://www.mediaite.com/online/pat-buchanan-warns-of-race-riots-if-george-zimmerman-is-acquitted/
    If this article is correct, which I have a bad feeling something like this may occur if he is indeed acquitted, how bad do you all assume it would be? Race riots all over the nation wouldn't be very pretty. But then again, I bet .gov would just love for the chance to put us all under marshal law.

Where do you live?

Have there been riots in your neighborhood, or very close by neighborhoods before?

Look around the world and to history for your answers. Riots typically occur in or near impoverished neighborhoods, or in/near a popular gathering place in a city center.

If you don't live in an impoverished neighborhood then the chances of their being riots where you live are greatly reduced.

If you don't live in a city center adjacent to a popular gathering spot then the chances of you being close to a riot are greatly reduced.

I'm not saying there can be no riots in lily white suburban neighborhoods, but the odds of a riot occurring there are minimal. Odds of a riot in a town like Lowell, or Winamac, probably near ZERO. Odds of a riot at 34th and Meridian in Indianapolis are probably MUCH GREATER than anywhere in Zionsville or Carmel.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't followed this case closely. But I doubt anything will happen...and a few weeks after the verdict, this will all be forgotten in favor of some new news story.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not going dismiss the idea. The president is in another country and if anythimg were to.happen to him,emotions would.overflow into violence.

Let's consider the very real possibility of GZ's acquital. If not riots, expect small vendetta type attacks of violence. The kind that does not get much news coverage.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I was thinking about this earlier and it scares me this could be a possibility. Some will use any excuse to steal and damage.

Top Bottom