• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevin9443

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I am newer to guns in general. I have a Remington 870 Express shotgun, and I have a general question about it. I noticed when the shotgun is unloaded, the forend has a little play in it. It will fall (when upright) about 1/8 in to 1/4", like it is loose. But when I have a shell in the chamber, it is solid and doesn't move. Is this normal for a shotgun? Maybe an issue with the Remington or do all shotguns do this. I have read a lot of shotgun forends will kind of wiggle from side to side, but that is normal. I dont mean to sound like an idiot, but I am not finding an answer to the on the forums.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Most pump shotguns have some movement in the forend. I don't have an 870, so I can't give you a definitive answer if 1/8-1/4" of movement when unloaded is normal or not.
    I'm sure someone will be along soon who will know.

Welcome to INGO

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It's normal. Unloaded with hammer forward, the bolt is unlocked and will allow free movement of the slide. When held vertically, the weight of the slide moves the bolt back. That movement is then arrested by the hammer, which is forward on the empty chamber. My Wingmaster, Police, and Express all do this.

Top Bottom