• Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Looking for recommendations.

I’ve got a beretta 1301 with the Nordic extension which included a little pic rail. I’d like a light for this rail but one that does not extend past the end of the barrel. I’ve looked at the streamlight tlr rm1 online but I think I want something better if it exists in that size range. From the online pics the rm2 and the inforce lights look a little too long.

Any thoughts?

I’ve seen the gg&g mount that brings the rail closer, but I prefer to use what I’ve got now.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Why do you need a light on a shotgun? I heard, over in the gun store thread, you don't even have to aim a shotgun. Just point it in your target's general direction, and it will drop from fear!
    Swede Larson: "The fellow that owned it, he couldn't hear too good. He just shoot where he hear somebody talk."
    Mississippi: "What happened to him?"
    Swede Larson: He had a fight in a saloon. The piano player, he make so much noise, he couldn't hear the other man, so he just shoot the piano player... and they hung 'em."

Screenshot (411).png

RIP Mississippi.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    While your set up looks nice. I am in the Hand Held Light Camp. Not really a fan of wml’s. But that is what makes things interesting different perspectives and opinions.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    While your set up looks nice. I am in the Hand Held Light Camp. Not really a fan of wml’s. But that is what makes things interesting different perspectives and opinions.
    Just curious, how do you hold a flashlight wielding a shotgun?

A pistol is pretty straightforward. I googled for it a bit but found no shotgun examples. This seems to be something I should learn since I have no WML on mine yet.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    A lot is going to depend on hand size. I believe there was a post back in 2011. It can be done just like anything else just requires some practice.

Not dogging those that use a wml On their shotgun. Just me personally I am not a fan.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    A. Sarcasm.
    B. Nuh-uh....I heard in the gun shop thread you just fire at the tree you hear 'em in, and it will defoliate the entire top, and take out every critter in it.
    C. Sarcasm.
    D. If I'm jacklighting varmints I'd prefer a .22 with a light. Lot less risk of collateral damage.
    Just freeze 'em in the beam, and drop a pill between their shiny eyes. YMMV.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Gotta be able to see those varmints at night.
    Sorry. I just noticed you're brand new here.
    Purple font is INGO's code for sarcastic/tongue in cheek/not to be taken seriously discourse. It's in the rules.
    Consequently, my reply to you may have seemed rather curt, but it was within league guidelines. Just sayin'.

Welcome to INGO, glad to have you, get busy developing the thick skin you'll need in order to survive here! :welcome: to :ingo:

Top Bottom