• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I finally got around to shooting my AR-15 today (first AR I have ever fired).

Boy is it fun! I had one malfunction, a round that would not extract. I blame crappy old wolf ammo for the one malfunction I had, other than that it was flawless!

I hate to admit this, but I did go to Don't to shoot it. $15 for a half hour is a little pricey, but for the convenience it was worth it. I didn't want to drive all the way to atterbury without at least testing the rifle first, so Don's it was. The customer service was actually pretty good today, one of the employees (I think) came in to check out my ar-15 and we chatted for a little bit. The prices on firearms were horrible, but that's to be expected with Don's. Overall I would say it was a good experience.

I see why everyone likes the AR platform now, very manageable recoil (or lack there of), accuracy, tons of options, pretty simple operation etc.

Just thought I would share my experience.

Can't wait to get out to longer range and see what the rifle can do :)

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Glad you enjoyed your new AR. They are a lot of fun. Consider yourself officially infected with the Black Rifle Disease!

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Essential Arms lower (from group buy here), Delton 16" carbine upper

ar15-pano-resize.jpg

fireman1328

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Welcome to the club. I have 2 and don't feed them near like I should. Both are bushmasters, a 223 and a 9mm.

I went to the boat sport and travel show and stopped by Don's on the way home, probably around 2:45 or so. I looked at a couple of their AR and quickly turned around. I think the lowest price I saw was $1700, and that was a plain jane model.

Fire

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    I love shooting the AR. It was the second gun i've ever fired and i'll never forget that moment :D

volsfandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Swayzee
    welcome to the club. Now be prepared for the fights with your wife or girlfriend. well, thats the way it is at my house. she can't understand the hold that "black rifle disease" does to a man.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I just told mine that we could get 2 and that way there would be nothing to fight over........ She got twice as mad... She said it was either her or an AR... I'm going with the Rock River.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Buddy of mine bought a Rock River AR last month from the dealer in Sheridan, he doesnt have very good prices, but he got the complete AR for under $1000, I thought that was pretty good!

back40hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    I just got my first AR last week. A Colt LE6920. What everyone here says is true.
    I was hooked by the bottom of the first clip. What a great rifle, and really FUN to shoot.

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    HELLS FIRE THE BOY IS NOW SO FAR PAST RUINED IT AINT FUNNY. AHH WHAT A PLEASNT WAY TO GO. AND BUY THE WAY GUYS YOU CAN HUNT IN IND WITH A AR CHECK THE HUNTING REGS NO DEER!!!!:D

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am just so surprised that no one has ragged you for going to Don's, maybe because you misspelled it. Hey, it's the only indoor range close that let's you shoot a rifle like that.

I haven't shot one yet but will whenever I can afford a kit for my lower. Glad you like it.

Top Bottom