• ...and so much more!
  • bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Fox News and USAToday are reporting a shooting at South Carolina State

ORANGEBURG, S.C. — A student has been shot at South Carolina State University, and officials say they are searching for the suspect.

The incident took place Friday afternoon at the Orangeburg college.

Sonya Bennett, a Vice-President of Communications and Marketing, said a student was involved. She says SC State officials know who the shooter is, and are searching for the person.

Photos taken from the scene appear to show that the shooting took place at Hugine Suites, a dorm on campus.

The campus has been placed on lockdown.

The school has scheduled a press conference for 4 p.m. ET.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Only shootings make national news because it fits their narrative. Any other kind of murder or assault is relegated to local.

This seems to me to be like all the rest. A simple homicide on school property. Not a "school shooting"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This seems to me to be like all the rest. A simple homicide on school property. Not a "school shooting"

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's media hype (GUNS R BAD) ........ they have to do something to fill the news 24/7
    Meanwhile, 20 people were probably shot in Chicago and D.C. from gang activity with stolen guns but let's not talk about that.

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Universities are just small cities unto themselves, populated by 20 to 40 thousand emotionally immature humans. It amazes me that there are not more deaths and killings than there are.

I once lived in a home that backed up to a large campus, many of the older homes were rentals or frat houses, some of the things I saw! One evening two drunken idiots climbed a high tension tower, well guess what happened to them when they made contact with 70,000 volts, that news barely made the newspaper, universities do not like bad PR. I am sure that had they shot each other it would have been national news.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    With a firearm death rate around 3.5 per hundred thousand (1), and with around 17.48 million college students in this country (2), on average there should be at least 611 college students shot every year at the current rate. That's at least one or two every day.

What's really shocking here is that so many people think colleges and universities are somehow immune to violence.

(1) List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (2) College Enrollment Statistics | Statistic Brain

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Purdue "shooting" was as much a stabbing attack as shooting. A very vicious knife attack that was about something very personal.

The big thing is that SC, Purdue and IU situations are taking away the comfort zone that the left has built for themselves. They use academia as a shelter from what the rest of us have to deal with. Because they have so many coffee shops, they are often called lattetowns, sort of step up from yuppievilles.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Wait, wait, wait... I find this hard to believe, just like the shooting at Purdue. Both schools have policies banning firearms (and other weapons) on campus, so how could these shootings have taken place with a magical anti-gun force field surrounding the campus?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wait, wait, wait... I find this hard to believe, just like the shooting at Purdue. Both schools have policies banning firearms (and other weapons) on campus, so how could these shootings have taken place with a magical anti-gun force field surrounding the campus?

Knives are just as deadly with respect to a one-on-one attack. Note that the Cousins used a knife at Purdue.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Like they always do they'll form some committee that faculty members can add to their CV and decide they need to doubly ban guns or something equally as silly.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Like they always do they'll form some committee that faculty members can add to their CV and decide they need to doubly ban guns or something equally as silly.

What it comes down to is that they are being shown that they can not trust government to protect them. BTW, that is a tactic of terrorism is to make people lose confidence in the system. The illusion of left that academia is this safe bubble is being attacked. From the inside. I doubt that the left wants to be subject to a police state on campuses with walls, armed guards and security check points.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    What it comes down to is that they are being shown that they can not trust government to protect them. BTW, that is a tactic of terrorism is to make people lose confidence in the system. The illusion of left that academia is this safe bubble is being attacked. From the inside. I doubt that the left wants to be subject to a police state on campuses with walls, armed guards and security check points.

You're right, when these things happen it makes them very nervous. I was at IUPUI after Virginia Tech and the Associate Dean tasked me with conducting a security and threat assessment for our two buildings. When all was said and done they wouldn't disseminate it because it was too "scary" and, "...employees would go home and tell their husbands about it..."?? Instead I just gave a small presentation at our faculty meeting with some recommendations etc. Which of course were never followed up on.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're right, when these things happen it makes them very nervous. I was at IUPUI after Virginia Tech and the Associate Dean tasked me with conducting a security and threat assessment for our two buildings. When all was said and done they wouldn't disseminate it because it was too "scary" and, "...employees would go home and tell their husbands about it..."?? Instead I just gave a small presentation at our faculty meeting with some recommendations etc. Which of course were never followed up on.

Just remember that the left (the extremists) and their yuppie associates do not want to give up power to the warrior class (police). They want the illusion of freedom, of a safe bubble.

We may build up our fears of a heavy handed system. But the left fears it far more than we do.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    All the people who protect them selves and get the criminal never make the news , but i read it everyday on guns.com

Top Bottom