• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    Congrats, I don't go anywhere in Indy with out my gun. Used to work for AAA as a locksmith and have seen 1 shooting ( before I got a handgun) and heard 3 more, two were with in 100 yards of me.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Congrats! It will be a night long remembered. Coming up on 40 years for us and I still get reminded of the night I asked and she didn't answer for three whole days! Glad everyone is OK and you have a long lasting partnership.:):

ssmith512

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Oaklandon
    Scary.
    Congrats.
    Downtown used to be fun, not so much anymore. Hopefully the police AND business Owner's (they have a responsibility as well) get a handle on things real quick.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thugs are a cancer on a civil society.

Radiation therapy is in order....yes.
    This runs very close to the edge of our politically correct posture here on ingo but we all know what and where this is from. These thugs wear the uniforms, march in grouped up and loud totally announcing who and what they are and intend to do. Every one is scared of infringing on their tender sensibility's, they know this and use it against LEO and anyone else attempting to run them off.
    We have from time to time had this same issue in our neighborhood. It was dealt with and until the next batch pops up out of the nearby apartments it is fairly peaceful around hear. Spring is coming and we will be on full SA-Zombie alert.
    Agree or not...really don't care.

Reference "A Clockwork Orange"

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This happens everywhere they show up. You see the empty businesses all across 38th st. from east to west. This could escalate into a Chicago level soon if we do not step on these thugs throats. Our area has run out more than a few with no help from LEO as they are of no help.

Until a group of concerned citizens get organized and become a political influence stronger than the concerned clergy you can count on things to continue to get worse. The LEOs aren't of little help by their own choosing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Until a group of concerned citizens get organized and become a political influence stronger than the concerned clergy you can count on things to continue to get worse. The LEOs aren't of little help by their own choosing.

No knock on the LEO. They have tried around here as well. They know who the thugs are but just can not put the hammer on them so some local folks do it for them. As to the downtown area, that will have to be handled differently as you say.
    Again, I was not knocking LEO...they are near powerless until they actually see these dirt bags in the act. Even then they have to be careful. Tender sensibility's and all.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013

The "concerned clergy" is a crock of cow dung.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The "concerned clergy" is a crock of cow dung.

I don't completely dismiss them. They have and do some good things for the community and have worked closely with LE to prevent bad things from happening. That said, they have also taken advantage of their situation and prevented things from happening that needed to.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Again, thanks to EVERYONE for all the nice comments!

Yep, it was you. Small world.
    Glad you are doing well.

Small world indeed. I hope you're doing well yourself!

Congrats! It will be a night long remembered. Coming up on 40 years for us and I still get reminded of the night I asked and she didn't answer for three whole days! Glad everyone is OK and you have a long lasting partnership.:):

Congratulations to you too! 40 years is quite an accomplishment! I'm afraid not too many people from my generation will be able to say the same; values aren't what they were in generations past.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Glad you are all ok...

It seems that things did work out OK for you+your Girl last night. It's a shame that most any urban area has changed to this..

The thing that I related to: My Wife and I had a VERY nice dinner, on the North Side (Keystone at the Crossing), in celebration of our 40th Anniversary. Jan. 26, 1973-Jan. 26, 2013...Bill.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    It seems that things did work out OK for you+your Girl last night. It's a shame that most any urban area has changed to this..

The thing that I related to: My Wife and I had a VERY nice dinner, on the North Side (Keystone at the Crossing), in celebration of our 40th Anniversary. Jan. 26, 1973-Jan. 26, 2013...Bill.

Congratulations! I hope you had a nice night!

Congrats, OP. Did you have your firearm on you? Did you reach for it when you heard the shots or did you run for the hills?

Yes, I had my firearm on me. Like always :D Had we not had an easy escape from the immediate area, it is safe to say that I would have had my hand on the grip, ready to draw if needed. However, we heard the shots roughly 20 to 30 seconds after we walked past the police officers (police being between us and the shots), so my first reaction was to grab my girl's hand and head for the "hills." I didn't want any attention drawn to us had they had buddies elsewhere.

Top Bottom