• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    How well does it work though? The idea of an ablative is the the ablative changes phases (evaporates) which draws more energy out of the hot gasses. In theory you don't want it to "last longer", you want the ablative to evaporate as it is intended to do.

I'm skeptical that's it's 1. effective, and 2. worth the time and trouble.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'm skeptical that's it's 1. effective, and 2. worth the time and trouble.

It works VERY well in pistols. That is a FACT.

Grease works the best, it's been proven. The combination of suppression and durability makes it great.

If you want absolute quiet with the least amount of "duration" use good old fashioned water. Squirt in a few CCs and shake your suppressor to spread it around.

**** works well too. Yes, it's true.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It works VERY well in pistols. That is a FACT.

Grease works the best, it's been proven. The combination of suppression and durability makes it great.

If you want absolute quiet with the least amount of "duration" use good old fashioned water. Squirt in a few CCs and shake your suppressor to spread it around.

**** works well too. Yes, it's true.

If that's the case (which contradicts the theory presented by CountryBoy19) then is it because of a "phase change" or the grease just makes a better seal around the projectile keeping gas from escaping longer.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Reread my post. Grease doesn't boil instantly and escape as a gas and therefore lasts much longer. Water boils right out and escapes.

Therefore, grease doesn't suppress as well and lasts longer.

Water performs excellently for a few rounds and diminishes quickly.

What don't you understand?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Reread my post. Grease doesn't boil instantly and escape as a gas and therefore lasts much longer. Water boils right out and escapes.

Therefore, grease doesn't suppress as well and lasts longer.

Water performs excellently for a few rounds and diminishes quickly.

What don't you understand?

Reread mine too.
    and 2. worth the time and trouble.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I don't need to reread your posts.

What are you saying is contradictory?

I spelled it all out for you- grease does not boil, hence no phase change. Water boils and goes through a phase change. Grease is nice in that it works and it doesn't evaporate. It does help by cooling and disturbing the gasses. It doesn't HAVE to evaporate to work.

Why would you ask if it's worth the effort? It takes less time and energy to install a medium than it does to explain this to you.

Go on youtube and watch some videos demonstrating it.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I was under the impression that you put grease in them because when you fire, the grease will atomize and this creates a bunch of surface area to help with the sound reduction?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't need to reread your posts.

What are you saying is contradictory?

I spelled it all out for you- grease does not boil, hence no phase change. Water boils and goes through a phase change. Grease is nice in that it works and it doesn't evaporate. It does help by cooling and disturbing the gasses. It doesn't HAVE to evaporate to work.

Then IT IS CONTRADICTING what CountryBoy19 said, which you denied in your prior post, and what I'm saying is contradictory? I'll go talk to a brick wall now, it's less dense.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Excuse me? What is your problem?

Grease does NOT boil and does not escape. It does however get blown around the insides and turns into small particles that help cool the hot gasses.

I am not contradicting CountryBoy. And if I am, who cares?

The medium does NOT have to boil to be effective.

There are two options here- a longer lasting medium or a quieter medium. You can't have both.

I don't think you belong in this thread since you have ZERO experience with any sort of suppressor, obviously. ALL you are doing is trying to troll me. GTFO please.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    What manufacturer is that? I can't see that from work. That is ONE manufacturer describing ONE type of grease. Do you think Crisco works as well as white lithium grease?

Are you seriously that stupid? Do me a favor, lay your mitts on a 9mm suppressor and try a few things-

Put water in it. Fire it 10 times. You'll notice the first three rounds will be much quieter than the rest- why? It boils quickly.

Try it with grease. It will last longer but not work as well. Some of the grease will cook off but not all at once.

There's your answer.

Get a clue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom