• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

asystole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was wondering what is the best medium to use when shooting a suppressor wet? I have heard everything from water, to wire pulling gel, to Break Free. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    could any electrical semiconductor type gel work?
    Hmmm... I'm not too sure. I just know that there was somebody in the suppressor world (can't remember who) that was buying ultrasound gel and repackaging it as a high-tech ablative. Many have touted it as a great ablative that "stays put" in the suppressor.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Just get a can of white spray grease. It foams up at first to spread around a little and stays sticky with out dripping any where.

A little solvent of about any kind will melt it right out of the can when you want to clean it but one squirt will last quite a while instead of blowing out in a couple shots like water or wd40

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Just get a can of white spray grease. It foams up at first to spread around a little and stays sticky with out dripping any where.

A little solvent of about any kind will melt it right out of the can when you want to clean it but one squirt will last quite a while instead of blowing out in a couple shots like water or wd40
    How well does it work though? The idea of an ablative is the the ablative changes phases (evaporates) which draws more energy out of the hot gasses. In theory you don't want it to "last longer", you want the ablative to evaporate as it is intended to do.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How well does it work though? The idea of an ablative is the the ablative changes phases (evaporates) which draws more energy out of the hot gasses. In theory you don't want it to "last longer", you want the ablative to evaporate as it is intended to do.

Crimony guys, if ya'll have a suppressor you can try this stuff easier than you can post about it on the internet. Then ya'll can tell me how it works.

It's all been posted here before.

That white lithium grease is great on a squeaky car door, I'll testify to that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom