• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    It is time for the 2nd annual Shooters 'n Scooters Poker Run. For those who are not familiar with a poker run, it is a motorcycle ride that consists of stops along the way. For our poker run, we will hit three different ranges and shoot at all three.

When: Saturday September 15th, 2012

Where: Start at Eagle Creek Park Range, Atterbury Shooting Complex, Indy Trading Post

Route:Shooters 'n Scooters 2012 Route

Cost: $20 for the ride which includes a donation to help VUPDblue. Shirts will be purchased separately.
    and will be $15 or less

We will be meeting up a little earlier this year to ensure that we will make our times. We will start meeting at 8:00 at Eagle Creek Park Range. You don't have to show up RIGHT at 0800, but we would like to try and wrap up all the poker shooting by 0900 so we can announce a winner and get out of there on time. If everything goes smoothly we will have a quick briefing and roll out at 0930 sharp to head for the Atterbury range. This portion of the ride will be mostly interstates and highways. We've allotted the same amount of time at Atterbury to shoot, chat, and whatnot. Hopefully we'll leave Atterbury around 1130 for a nice twisty ride to Nashville. We will be stopping at a gas station in Nashville for gas/drinks/potty breaks and more chatting. From there we will ride some more scenic curvy roads into Martinsville for lunch Hopefully around 1330 (1:30 pm). We will be stopping at Gatti's Pizza for lunch. This is tentative as I need to find out if they will be firearms friendly. You will have to pay for your own meal. After lunch (1500 if the plan holds up) we will ride to Indy Trading Post. The last riding portion will be a mixture of scenic curvy roads and interstate/highway riding. Once we're at ITP we will have the final poker shoot. The ride is a total of 145 miles, with one stop for gas.

The "poker shoot" part of this event is going to be a variation of a classic motorcycle poker run. Typically, a group of motorcyclists rides to five different locations and each person draws one card at each location. The person with the best poker hand at the end of the day wins a prize. But this is INGO, so we decided to spice it up a bit Instead of drawing cards we figured it would be a good idea to shoot for cards! There will be three separate poker shoots during this ride. One at ECPR in the morning, one at the Atterbury Shooting Complex, and a final one at ITP at the end of the day. Here's how the poker shoot will work:

Each person will have one target with a full deck of 52 playing cards printed on it (actual size). You will shoot five shots (or as many shots as necessary to hit five cards) to make your poker hand. Sounds easy, right? Here's the catch: the cards will be facing away from you! You'll be shooting at the back of the cards, so the most accurate shooter doesn't walk in and clean up all three shoots.

Prizes:
    We are still working on the other two prizes, but as it stands now, Guy at Tactical Firearms Training has graciously donated a 10-visit shooting pass for the winner at the ECPR shoot! Thanks guy

At the end of the day, pending what time we get into ITP, additional shooting will be available. If we end up being there for a decent amount of time, it would be courteous to give a little bit of money to our friends at ITP for our time spent.

After all the shooting has been concluded Dirtebiker has been so kind to offer his residence for a dinner meal. This dinner meal is also not included in the price as it is optional, but Chris and I talked about it and it should not be more that $4 per person for the meal. It will be burgers and such.

Itinerary
    0800 - Meet at Eagle Creek Pistol Range (ECPR)
    . Shooting
    0930 - Depart ECPR
    1030 - Arrive Atterbury
    . Shooting
    1130 - Depart Atterbury
    1230- Arrive Nashville
    . Rest Stop
    1245 - Depart Nashville
    1345 - Arrive Martinsville
    . Lunch
    1515 - Depart Martinsville
    1630 - Arrive ITP
    . Shooting
    1800 - ITP closes
    . Dinner (optional)
    1800 - on

You will need to bring eye & ear protection, ammo (unless you plan to purchase it at the range), $20 for the event, and some money for lunch in Martinsville. This is somewhat of an open carry event; you don't have to OC, but if you prefer to avoid large groups of people OC'ing you might be more comfortable somewhere else. EDIT:
    To clarify, ECPR does allow loaded, holstered firearms on the property. We respect your right to carry anywhere it is legal for you to do so. However, for safety reasons, we do not allow drawing and reholstering on the property, so if you're going to shoot a particular firearm, we prefer that it comes to the range unloaded in a secure case or range bag.

Guy
    There will be a clearing barrel at the entrance for those who need it. Atterbury Shooting Complex does not permit holstered weapons at the range. You will be allowed to unholster/unload in the parking lot before you enter the range. This might ruffle some peoples' feathers (I'm not the biggest fan) but these are safety rules and we must comply with them. Your ability to resist whining about the rules will be much appreciated. Guests are welcome, but we don't need a huge turnout of 400 riders. Bringing a friend or two is fine, just don't show up with your whole motorcycle club. This is still an INGO event. There will be no charge for passengers who are not participating, but they are welcome to buy a shirt if they would like. If you have questions you may either PM me or post the question here.

T-shirts
    Due to the problems with BSUrugger getting stuck with shirts that were never purchased and losing money out of his own pocket, this year shirts will be handled completely separate from the ride. The shirts will need to be paid before the ride so that the ride is actually able to make our charity donations this year. The price is being hammered out as we speak and will be posted as soon as we know. It will most likely be $15 or less per shirt (depending on size). For now, hold off on money and I will be collecting that as soon as we know the cost. It will need to be sent in ASAP once we get it figured out.

Design

Front for new riders:

picture.php

Front for the Dirty Dozen:

picture.php

Back for everyone:

picture.php

The back may change depending on if TFT/ECPR and ITP wish to have their actual logos added. If so, then I'll add my logo as well. Otherwise, we'll just leave them as text.

What I need from everyone now is to know whether you are going (Yes, No, possibly) so we can get the targets and shirt cost figured out. All you have to do is simply respond to this thread. Please also post your shirt size and count of how many you would like so that we can start getting that figured out. THE SOONER THE BETTER. If you are bringing others let us know how many you're bringing and how many of them will be participating so we will have targets and shirts for them too.

I know I am probably forgetting something, so please, don't hesitate to chime in. Thanks and sorry for the late thread.

Confirmed Attending

Stainer - DD 1 Large and 1 Small Shirt - Entire Ride - No Dinner
    Old Greg - DD Large Shirt
    Splix - DD Large Shirt
    femurphy77 - 1 XL Shirt and 1 Medium Shirt
    pack-indy - 1 Large Shirt and 1 XL Shirt
    Stormryder - DD Large Shirt
    loganwildman - 2XL Shirt
    Dirtebiker - DD XL Shirt - Entire Ride - Dinner
    elfboy26 - DD XL Shirt (Maybe on the ride)
    BSUrugger - DD 2XL Shirt
    Guy - XL Shirt
    Darkkevin - XL Shirt (no ride)
    Htrailblazer - DD Large Shirt
    dobeluvr - XL Shirt(No ride)
    Jim W - 2 DD XL shirts (only one shooter)

Last edited:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    To clarify, ECPR does allow loaded, holstered firearms on the property. We respect your right to carry anywhere it is legal for you to do so. However, for safety reasons, we do not allow drawing and reholstering on the property, so if you're going to shoot a particular firearm, we prefer that it comes to the range unloaded in a secure case or range bag.

Guy

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I like that in one night we have got 11 people who are definitely in for the ride and 2 that are possibly in for the ride. The shirts are being slightly re-workd as we are going to take out the names of the Sponsors and put in their logos!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    If one doesn't have a bike, are they not allowed? :dunno:

Well I hadn't thought about it much.... that would be a lot of driving in a car. Last year we did have people meet us at different ranges and shoot only one round. If no one is opposed to it, we could do a pay $10 per range you shoot at for those not riding. If you are going to make it to all three spots we are shooting at, just driving a car we could do $20 just the same as the ride. The money for the ride is strictly for paying for the ranges then the extra money is for donation to VUPDblue and his daughter. If you want to come out and shoot, then I'm ok with it as it would raise more money. Any objections riders?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom