• ...and so much more!
  • JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    THREAT FOCUSED SHOOTING/Indianapolis, August 7

7677 will be in Indianapolis at Eagle Creek Range on Saturday, August 7th for a one day Tactical Point Shooting class. Matt and 7677 have posted on numerous firearms forums promoting point shooting (threat focused) not as an alternative to sighted fire but as an important complementary skill set. Cost $100. For enrollment details and lesson plan contact me at photoman202-psclass@yahoo.com

Start and End Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm

Be on the range by 8:30am to load your ammo, gear up and make ready, we start shooting right at 9am.
    30 minutes for lunch

Equipment to bring:

Eye and Ear protection mandatory
    Pistol with minimum of 3 magazines, 5 magazines are recommended
    Holster & magazine pouch
    Ammo- 500-750 depending on how much you want to shoot.

As we all know, ammunition is becoming scarce and more expensive. If you have a reliable .22 pistol (with a corresponding suitable holster) OR a .22 conversion kit (e.g. an Advantage Arms 19-23LE kit), feel free to bring and shoot it. We strongly recommend that you shoot at least 300 rounds from your carry gun.

Two excellent discussions:

THE SIGHT CONTINUUM

Taking the Initiative

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Watched the video clip over at Paladin. Anyone care to enlighten me on the logic of moving into/toward the target as opposed to creating distance/moving towards cover?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Watched the video clip over at Paladin. Anyone care to enlighten me on the logic of moving into/toward the target as opposed to creating distance/moving towards cover?

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense? Or there may be times when cover is not available and seeking distance is not practical. The various training courses I have taken over the years have covered both avenues, as well as lateral movement, etc. There's a place for all of it, IMO.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis

Temkin shows you how to transform your body's natural startle reflex when confronted with an immediate lethal threat into a method of close-quarter gun fighting.

Temkin emphasizes point shooting's practicality by teaching the fundamentals: one- and two-handed shooting, burst shooting, turns and pivots, the combat draw stroke, proper targeting, and much more.

[FONT=&quot]"Me? I think all of that is a load of gun school crap. I train and teach to shoot them to the ground. Beginning at the chest I shoot a burst to the chest and run the line up til I get to the face. Winning their hearts and minds....Suarez style."[/FONT]
    ~ [FONT=&quot]([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gabe Suarez)[/FONT]

TK

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Matt needed to drop out as the primary instructor but 7677, who was to be the co-instructor has stepped up and graciously offered to continue the class as primary. We will lose no expertise on the subject matter and since 7677 does not generally teach commercially he just needs to have his expenses covered. That is the reason the the class price has been reduced from $175 to $100. I have linked to several internet discussions relevant to point shooting and many more can be found by searching for his internet handle (7677)on:

Threat Focused Forums - Powered by vBulletin
    THE INTEGRATED CLOSE COMBAT FORUM - Home
    Warrior Talk Forums - Powered by vBulletin

This is a great and relatively inexpensive way to get the point shooting skill-set that will help you survive a close range reactive gunfight. We ask that you are an experienced gun handler (safe, ability to draw safely) as this class will be fast paced.

Also trying to gage interest for a training group in the Indianapolis area covering all areas of defensive firearms use plus integrated combatives. Initially once a month and perhaps more if there is enough interest.

If there are any questions please contact me at photoman202-psclass@yahoo.com

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

by moving towards the threat (in a controled way) you are overwhealming him with fire. you force him to make hasty and thus stupid decisions, and you are the one choosing where to fight. you have taken back some control in a situation where control means life. (SOMETIMES) by seeking a cover possition you extend the fight (thus further endangering yourself or team) when possibly it could have ended quickly by advancing. its something that doesnt apply to every situation and its a learned technique, but one i personaly have used and its very effective when PROPERLY executed by a trained operator.

If you arent fully trained or sure of what is happening its also a good way to walk into an ambush. so please: dont try this at home, lol. but seriously dont

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    by moving towards the threat (in a controlled way) you are overwhelming him with fire. you force him to make hasty and thus stupid decisions, and you are the one choosing where to fight. You have taken back some control in a situation where control means life. (SOMETIMES) by seeking a cover position you extend the fight (thus further endangering yourself or team) when possibly it could have ended quickly by advancing. its something that doesn't apply to every situation and its a learned technique, but one I personally have used and its very effective when PROPERLY executed by a trained operator.

If you aren't fully trained or sure of what is happening its also a good way to walk into an ambush. so please: don't try this at home, lol. but seriously don't

Great posting and reply to JohnN's OP E5RANGER! :+1:

I hope you can join in training at Eagle Creek range this summer.

TK

JohnN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had a couple of cancellations for this class so if there are any folks who are interested in threat focused shooting please contact me. This class is a real bargain considering the instructors expertise on the subject matter.

Top Bottom