• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    If a large arterial structure is hit , it can take upwards of 20-30sec to become so light headed and disorented to be out of the fight. I think sometimes we miss the actual understanding that shooting to stop, also incorperates shooting till the threat is removed or YOU REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE THREAT. So now the question is do I have a good enough shot to get away from the bad guy, ( such as him becoming not able to chase you ) or do I have my family with me and have to fight it out till threat is dead. just my 2 pennies worth.

Brian@ITC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Richmond, IN
    also incorperates shooting till the threat is removed or YOU REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE THREAT.
    BINGO!!! Well said.

Your mind is the weapon. Your body is simply the delivery system for the tool you choose to implement into the fight.
    Marksmanship is a hopeful skill, FIGHTING skills are a must!
    "What you don't know won't hurt you - it will KILL you!" General Gerry Prather, USAF, XOK (1982)

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I love to empty a whole 19rd mag as fast as i can at the range.... good practice.
    YES shoot them untill you run out of bullets. If you are shooting to wound aim for a leg and run. Use you best judgement and try not to get your self killed playing hero. But im no hero so I say shoot untill dead or you run out of bullets. WWTND (What Would Ted Nugent Do) ....lol

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As I explain, and demonstrate through case studies, during our Point of Wounding Care course, no caliber can be guaranteed to stop further aggression with one or two shots. One must be prepared to fire until aggression is ceased when defending oneself and/or loved ones/third person.

If you have not seen it, here is sobering example. This perpetrator was shot twice in the chest with a .40 cal. He left the hospital 4 days later.

babykiller762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    A hammer pair to the chest area will cause hydraulic shock and in turn cause the body to shut down. Follow that by a shot to the pelvic region and the target is rendered immobile. At least thats what they teach in the Marine Corps nowadays.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A hammer pair to the chest area will cause hydraulic shock and in turn cause the body to shut down. Follow that by a shot to the pelvic region and the target is rendered immobile. At least thats what they teach in the Marine Corps nowadays.

Did you, perhaps, mean hypovolemic shock instead of "hydraulic shock?" While it is true that hypovolemic shock will result from bleeding, this effect can take seconds to minutes to manifest, leaving ample time for an aggressor to continue fighting.

Aiming for the pelvic triangle is a sound methodology as long as you strike the pelvic bone and/or acetabulum in order to create biomechanical failure of the structure. Of course we need to recall that an aggressor can still shoot from a prone/supine position. Striking the center mass of the pelvic girdle (meaning missing bone) can result in massive blood loss, but then we are back at hypovolemia per above.

Regards,

Jim

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have been involved with a lot moving target training both live fire and FATS and other live video simulators and if you train to shoot untill the threat stops that is what you will do, the video training allows you to go back and see where your shots are and they will follow the threat to the ground,

babykiller762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Did you, perhaps, mean hypovolemic shock instead of "hydraulic shock?" While it is true that hypovolemic shock will result from bleeding, this effect can take seconds to minutes to manifest, leaving ample time for an aggressor to continue fighting.

Aiming for the pelvic triangle is a sound methodology as long as you strike the pelvic bone and/or acetabulum in order to create biomechanical failure of the structure. Of course we need to recall that an aggressor can still shoot from a prone/supine position. Striking the center mass of the pelvic girdle (meaning missing bone) can result in massive blood loss, but then we are back at hypovolemia per above.

Regards,

Jim

As I was. I have always heard it pronounced as hydraulic and have never seen it in print before, thanks.

Top Bottom