• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I am sure this is on here somewhere else but I couldn't find it. When you order on line which part an AR requires shipping to an FFL? Is it just the upper or the lower or is it both?
    Also the AR I bought recently is a carbine. If I wanted to get a full length upper will I need a differect buffer or does that even matter when looking at the length of the rifle? I would like to get a full length upper and just snap it on to my existing lower if possible.

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Blindside;[URL="tel:6803822" said:
    6803822[/URL]]I am sure this is on here somewhere else but I couldn't find it. When you order on line which part an AR requires shipping to an FFL? Is it just the upper or the lower or is it both?
    Also the AR I bought recently is a carbine. If I wanted to get a full length upper will I need a differect buffer or does that even matter when looking at the length of the rifle? I would like to get a full length upper and just snap it on to my existing lower if possible.

Uppers are fully interchangeable on the ar platform. I would not swap the bcg between the two but that's just me. Are both uppers car length gas systems?

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I don't have the second upper yet but I am wanting to get a complete upper with a 20 inch barrel. It would have its big and hopefully a full rifle length gas system

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just switch out the uppers and it will work. As far as fine tuning any AR there is something to say about using different weight buffers. Sometimes you just need to try a couple to see what the happy medium is for the size of the gas port and gas tube alignment. Alot of the gassing issues mixed with the buffer can be read from where the brass lands after it is shot and ejected.

thomasred5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 15, 2016
    Central Indiana
    +1 For only the lower (has the serial #). Sorry to keep piling on but I need more posts... The upper receiver has little to do with the buffer length. It's all in the lower and the stock assy you have, for example, if you have the standard A2 stock, you need a rifle length tube, spring and buffer. If you have or want the collapsible, you need carbine length tube, spring and buffer (usually listed as AR-15/M4 or something to that extent) they are not interchangeable. They are sold individually or as an assy. Commercial vs Milspec, I never buy commercial, buy milspec, and it does make a difference.

Top Bottom