• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So there is a shortage of components out there. I have always bought quantity in bulk. I have a friend in another state that needs some to tide him over until the supplies are back up. I know that there are different rules on shipping primers than there are for shipping ammunition. Does anyone know exactly how to properly ship them through UPS DHL or Fedex. I'm pretty sure USPS wont ship. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I tried finding another thread and didn't see one and I know the rules change every once in awhile.

swamptick

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Rochester
    Be very careful as I have heard things ending badly from people trying to ship primers, like Clay Pigeon said you must be certified hazmat.
    As long as your friend is not too far away you could meet in the middle somewhere and enjoy lunch and a visit!!!

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looks like I am not shipping primers to him as I am not certified and it is not a hey lets meet up kind of situation. I will see what it takes to get certified. If it is simple I'll see. I dont need to know how to ship nuclear waste. My title was set up to cast the widest net. I have been on the internet long enough and have seen searches include all variants of a word and no variants. IE if I put in ship some websites bring up everything with ship shipped shipping shipper some will literally only bring up the exact word. Thanks for the information so far. As a note I warned him to stock up. These shortages happen way to often anymore.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Looks like I am not shipping primers to him as I am not certified and it is not a hey lets meet up kind of situation. I will see what it takes to get certified. If it is simple I'll see. I dont need to know how to ship nuclear waste. My title was set up to cast the widest net. I have been on the internet long enough and have seen searches include all variants of a word and no variants. IE if I put in ship some websites bring up everything with ship shipped shipping shipper some will literally only bring up the exact word. Thanks for the information so far. As a note I warned him to stock up. These shortages happen way to often anymore.

Truth right there.

I was just poking fun at the thread title. No offense intended.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wasnt really offended. I dont get into the internet culture much. Not sure if serious or not. I once asked a legitimate question of someone and was called a troll because they did not like the question. Last time I bought these primers i got a deal on 50,000. I am a capitalist and with supply and demand I would part with some. I am not trying to sell them here. Does anyone know what it takes to get hazmat certified in just primers or is it you get certified in everything. I am an industrial electrician and mechanic. Some certs I get are very specific and some or very broad.
    If it is an online course for like $50 to $100 bucks I'd do it. Or is there someone in Fort Wayne certified on here that I could throw some cash to help ship.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Do primed cases fall in the same category as loose primers? If not it might be an option to work up a 1,000 cases for your buddy.

I am fairly sure that primers, primed cases and loaded ammunition all fall into HAZMAT ORM-D category in relatively small quantities. IANAL YMMV

AmmoManAaron could probably answer the OP's question.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Ordnance... Primed cases and loaded ammo. No hazmat charge.. Things that go pop..

Hazmat... Primers of any volume. And powder of any volume. Hazmat charge. Things that go Boom.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Ok, I stand corrected. I have seen ammo marked ORM-D so that isn't hazmat?

Correct.

Anyone can ship ammo or primed cases with appropriate marking. Only certified hazmat shippers can ship primers. Just because some people do it anyway, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. If there ever were a problem with it, extremely serious criminal and civil consequences could result.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Correct.

Anyone can ship ammo or primed cases with appropriate marking. Only certified hazmat shippers can ship primers. Just because some people do it anyway, doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. If there ever were a problem with it, extremely serious criminal and civil consequences could result.

:rockwoot: wait.... What...

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That is my issue. I am a rule follower. There is liability. Lets say you skirt the rules the package lights on fire causing an accident. Not saying probable but you could be charged with quite a few things.
    Correct.

Top Bottom