• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    I need to ship a barrel from a Colt Python to Florida. My understanding is that it is not a firearm and can be shipped. I have ordered barrels before and had them shippd to me. Is Florida any different?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's a pipe!

I shipped a 10/22 barrel to PA via UPS several years ago. I used a UPS Store and told them it was a pipe just to avoid any hoopla. They lost it and the empty box was returned to the store. It was insured for $100 and they paid off after I told them what it actually was and filed the necessary paperwork. I ordered a new one and had it shipped to the guy in PA.

By the way, I'm sure somebody at UPS got a free barrel for his 10/22. Even though it didn't require a signature, they claimed nobody was there to "accept the delivery" so the empty package was returned to the sender. The intended recipient told me he was home all day the day UPS claimed they tried to make the delivery and never saw the truck.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    It's "Machine Parts" and you can ship it any way you choose.
    +1

I think FedEx and UPS flag addresses that get firearms deliveries. I FedEx'ed a barrel out for threading, told them them it was "machine parts", and when they entered the address into the computer, the agent suddenly asked me, "Is this a firearm?"

"Nope.", I answered truthfully.

They usually just ask if the package contains any kind of hazardous material, so the question caught me off gaurd. I suspect that since the recipient often ships and receives firearms, FedEx flagged him in their tracking system somehow.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    None of the parts of any common long gun firearm are considered a "firearm" except the Receiver, would have to research revolvers (believe it is the frame) and semi-auto handguns - again think it is the frame. Has to be the part with the serial numbers. No Barrel by itself is ever considered a firearm (unless it is one of the 500 year or so old "hand cannons") :>). So the barrel & any parts can be shipped as machined parts - including a complete AR upper.

Top Bottom