• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    If I package up a handgun, can I carry it into the post office to mail it to the manufacturer? I live in an apartment and don't have a way for a postal carrier to pick it up from my mailbox.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    If I package up a handgun, can I carry it into the post office to mail it to the manufacturer? I live in an apartment and don't have a way for a postal carrier to pick it up from my mailbox.
    [FONT=&quot]A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Handguns are not mailable[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun[/FONT]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

No.

TSSKS.jpg

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    If the FedEx store is like the UPS stores they won't take it. He will have to go to the FedEx depot. Before I ran around town I would call were you want to ship from.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If the FedEx store is like the UPS stores they won't take it. He will have to go to the FedEx depot. Before I ran around town I would call were you want to ship from.

I sent a handgun back to Walther from the Greenfield FedEx Office store in December.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    That is good to know. Are they all like that I don't know. That is why I say call who you want to use as a shipper and ask.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    In my experience the manufacturer provided a label and I dropped it off at the Fedex hub. There are several, the one I used was in Fishers.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    When i had to send a pos mossberg 715t back for warranty work they sent a box as well as a shipping label. It was thru FedEx. Dropped off at a FedEx store with zero issues. When warranty work was done they sent back via FedEx directly to my house with signature required for delivery

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    When my Walther went back I used the FedEx location across from Southern Plaza. The only comment the clerk made was "We have seen several of these go back".

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville

I just send back a handgun to Sig using Fedex and there was no question asked, I did let them know it was a firearm all they say OK.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    An FFL can use the us postal system to mail a handgun and it is a lot cheaper than Fed-X. Several years ago I needed to replace the extractor on a S&W 4506 so took to a local gunsmith. S&W would not provide the part said it is factory fit only. Gunsmith sent it USPS and when he got it back charged me $14.00 so a lot cheaper. Jim.

Top Bottom