She's Back! Feinstein is at it again! NSSF Posted Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I dislike DiFi more than any senator. I will gladly contact my reps about this letter. Thanks for posting.

Worse than (Up)Chuck Schumer and Babbling Barbara Boxer?

On topic: Letters [strike]about to be[/strike] sent.

Dear Sen. Coats,

I have become aware of Sen. Feinstein's effort to convince Mr. Obama to ban the importation of many rifles, as a part of her ongoing effort to make all of America helpless and defenseless.

You have many times in this term in Congress, said and demonstrated that you do support the 2nd Amendment. I ask that you demonstrate this once again, and not only refuse to sign her letter, but perhaps start one to the converse purpose, urging Mr. Obama to end the import ban on rifles, or better yet, to dismantle the ATF entirely. Our Constitution has no "sporting purpose" clause.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. The favor of a reply is requested.

Last edited:

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Dear Sen. Coats,

I have become aware of Sen. Feinstein's effort to convince Mr. Obama to ban the importation of many rifles, as a part of her ongoing effort to make all of America helpless and defenseless.

You have many times in this term in Congress, said and demonstrated that you do support the 2nd Amendment. I ask that you demonstrate this once again, and not only refuse to sign her letter, but perhaps start one to the converse purpose, urging Mr. Obama to end the import ban on rifles, or better yet, to dismantle the ATF entirely. Our Constitution has no "sporting purpose" clause.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. The favor of a reply is requested.[/QUOTE]

Sir, very nicely written, do you have a problem with me using this for my letters.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    If they ban import of semi-autos then I have no reason to just not go ahead and make full autos. Gonna break the law might as well go all the way, but I'm sure not going to just sit on my hands and so oh well.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    If they ban import of semi-autos then I have no reason to just not go ahead and make full autos. Gonna break the law might as well go all the way, but I'm sure not going to just sit on my hands and so oh well.
    Her proposed changes won't make owning semi-auto's illegal, it will only stop their future import. You won't be able to get new semi-auto's to convert into illegal machine guns or SBR's. For your trip to Club Fed you'll have to make illegal machine guns and SBR's out of existing firearms.

Having been a legal machine gun owner for quite some time now, I can say with absolute certainty that while they're fun, they're not 10 years in federal prison fun. :)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I just received an email from Donnelly. His response doesn't even address the question, it's just a form letter. I think this is because of the pull down menu his website provides for the topic of the letter. I selected 2nd amendment, and this is what he sent me:

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about Second Amendment rights. Like you, I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and have consistently voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. However, like responsible gun owners, I believe it is only reasonable for us to consider ways to reduce gun violence and protect public safety.

Whether a gun owner or not, we can all agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern has never been with those who follow the law, but with those who do not. For this reason, I have opposed proposals to ban assault weapons and continued my longtime support for national recognition of Indiana licenses to carry.

We, however, also know that too many individuals with criminal records or serious mental illnesses are getting guns by exploiting loopholes in the current system and, in the process, endangering the lives of others and the rights of law-abiding gun owners. In fact, history has shown that Congress often begins reexamining gun laws after someone who should not have a gun in the first place uses that weapon to commit a crime.

To that end, I supported the Manchin-Toomey amendment to S. 649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013, to improve the background check system, and to prevent terrorists, criminals, and the mentally ill from jeopardizing the rights of law-abiding citizens. This amendment would require instant background checks for sales made at gun shows or over the Internet, but would ensure that parents, friends, and neighbors could engage in private transfers just as they do now. In addition, the amendment reaffirmed current federal law that no information obtained in a background check could be used to establish a federal registry of firearms.

As we seek answers to the problem of gun violence, I hope we can also have a serious conversation about mental health, particularly the needs of many of the men and women who serve our nation in the military, as well as veterans. It is my strong belief that we can better identify risk factors that often lead to violent behavior and even suicide.

As Congress continues to debate proposals to responsibly improve our gun laws while also protecting the Second Amendment, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No. I'm beginning to think that the first thought in their awakening, (if they ever sleep) is to dismantle, disrupt and undermine anything and everything in their path; and they want to disarm who?

They have all been in the seat's of power far to long. They (near all of them) are corrupted by the power of office and completely dis-connected from the real world we all have to live in. They treat us (the electorate) as petulant children that need to be guided in every decision a they attempt to put in place a Euro style Gov.

I wish they would just go the hell away but the replacements would eventually become as blind drunk with power. It is a human condition. 2 terms and go the hell home to a real world job.

Brassman65

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    anderson
    How many times has this fascist been shot down? How many times has she been publicly ridiculed? There was this really cool definition about insanity and craniums hitting things. I wonder if she has ever heard it?

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They probably truly believe they're helping us poor citizens by passing legislation like this. Unfortunately for us our politicians are completely out of touch with reality and the people they supposedly serve. The form letter response from Donnelly says it all. He believes that making firearms harder to get for law abiding people will somehow translate to less firearms in the hands of criminals. At best this is a coincidence.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I received the following response from Dan Coats this morning;

Dear Mark:

Thank you for contacting me about Senator Feinstein's letter to President Obama and the President's executive orders on gun control. I appreciate hearing from you.

In March 2014, Senator Feinstein wrote a letter to the President asking to prohibit importation of all semiautomatic rifles that can accept more than 10 rounds, assault rifles, assault pistols, and parts that can be used to construct these firearms. I will not sign onto her letter. I am a proud supporter of gun rights and will oppose any gun control measure that infringes upon ownership rights for responsible, law abiding citizens.

On August 29, 2013, President Obama issued two executive orders regarding gun control. His first executive order limited the re-importation of "military surplus weapons," which primarily affects importation of the M-1 Garand semiautomatic rifle. This rifle is often traded as a collector's item and is frequently used by the Civilian Marksmanship Program. President Obama also mandated background checks for persons registering Class III machine guns with a trust or corporation.

On January 3, 2014, President Obama announced two new rules affecting firearm owners. One rule would require the Justice Department to clarify which individuals should be flagged by state agencies for inclusion in the National Instant Criminal Background Checks System (NICS) to prohibit future firearm purchase. This rule also expands the definition of mentally ill prohibited to buy firearms, including persons who are found incompetent to stand trial, persons deemed insane, and persons found guilty but mentally ill, regardless of determination made at local, state, federal or military level. The second rule requires the Department of Health and Human Services to improve the NICS system by addressing privacy-related barriers to information-sharing between states and the federal government.

I believe it is inappropriate for the President and his administration to continue to legislate by executive fiat and create independent measures affecting Second Amendment rights. When I was sworn into office as the U.S. Senator for Indiana, I took an oath that I would support and defend our nation's Constitution, and I continue to do that today. I will not support any legislation or broader effort that would serve to undermine the Second Amendment.

Thank you again for contacting me, and please do not hesitate to keep in touch on matters of concern to you.

Sincerely,
    SenCoatsInformalSig.PNG

Dan Coats
    United States Senator​

Top Bottom