• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    After spending weeks dogging George W. Bush's presidential vacations, anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan is now trying to make life uncomfortable for President Barack Obama.

Sheehan used to pitch a peace camp near Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, becoming a symbol of the anti-war movement after her son Casey died in action in Iraq.
    On Thursday, she and a band of anti-war protesters turned up outside the media center used by journalists covering Obama's vacation on the well-heeled east coast resort island of Martha's Vineyard.
    "The reason I am here is because ... even though the facade has changed in Washington DC, the policies are still the same," Sheehan told a handful of journalists, against a backdrop of her "Camp Casey" banner.
    She told US peace activists to wake up and protest Obama's escalation of the war in Afghanistan, and complained that despite the president's anti-war stance, US troops remained in Iraq.
    "We have to realize, it is not the president who is power, it is not the party that is in power it is the system that stays the same, no matter who is in charge."
    "We are here to make the wars unpopular again," she said.

haha-full.jpg

She is still an idiot, but this is funny!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    That woman is doing nothing but besmirching her son's name.
    I can't say that I know what grief it is to lose a child, and I hope I never can... but she's still blaming whoever she can for him being sent...
    What she doesn't understand is that her son was an adult making his own decisions and she's taking away his honor in posthumously emasculating him with all her antics. It's not like he was drafted...he willingly made a choice that everyone knows could have consequence of loss of life. Let the man rest, Cindy.
    Let him rest.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I can't say that I know what grief it is to lose a child, and I hope I never can... but she's still blaming whoever she can for him being sent...
    What she doesn't understand is that her son was an adult making his own decisions and she's taking away his honor in posthumously emasculating him with all her antics. It's not like he was drafted...he willingly made a choice that everyone knows could have consequence of loss of life. Let the man rest, Cindy.
    Let him rest.

Reps as soon as I can, Annie. Gotta share the love.

Blessings,
    Bill

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Obama's Secret Exit Strategy

I do not think that she is aware of the Bamma's plan to put in the extra troops, get matters under temporary control and pull most of them out and dump the problem back on the Afghan leadership who will of course quickly fail. Barry is staying there for the time being for political points, but he will eventually do as his leftist supporters want and pull out. Sheehan has only made herself into more of a joke. Most of the leftist newspeople do not even want to bother with her as her use to them ceased when Bush left office. Just my opinion and two cents.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I would be disappointed if she stopped her cries as soon as the election was over. She wants the troops brought home and isn't giving Obama a pass.

The interesting thing is that the Leftist media refuses to sympathize with her now that Obama is Commander in Chief of the military. Here's a story from last week.

ABC's Charles Gibson to Cindy Sheehan: Thanks for your sacrifice. Now get lost.

By: Byron York
    Chief Political Correspondent
    08/20/09 11:02 AM

In an appearance August 18 on WLS radio in Chicago, ABC News anchor Charles Gibson was asked about anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan's plans to travel to Martha's Vineyard next week, where she will protest the Iraq and Afghanistan wars while President Obama is vacationing there. Gibson, whose newscast and network featured Sheehan when she led anti-war protests outside President Bush's Texas ranch in 2005, answered, "Enough already."

That's a remarkably different stance from the one Gibson took four years ago. On August 9, 2005, the ABC anchor conducted an extensive on-air interview with Sheehan. "Cindy Sheehan is her name," Gibson began. "She says she's not moving until the president meets with her, and I had a chance to speak with her a few minutes ago. Cindy Sheehan, bottom line, what do you hope to accomplish with all this?" During the next week, Gibson and ABC continued to cover Sheehan. On August 17, 2005, when Sheehan left Crawford, Gibson reported, "We're going to turn next to the standoff that is playing out near President Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas.

Cindy Sheehan, you know, the mother who lost a son in Iraq, is now on the move, but she's still standing her ground. ABC's Geoff Morrell is in Crawford with the details…" The next day, Gibson reported, "All across the country last night, people held candlelight vigils in support of Cindy Sheehan…" Sheehan was mentioned in several other ABC newscasts, as well.

This week, after the Washington Examiner reported that Sheehan will be protesting on Martha's Vineyard (see here and here), WLS radio host Don Wade, noting all the coverage that Sheehan received in 2005, asked Gibson "whether we're going to see some coverage of Cindy Sheehan…do you suppose Cindy is going to make the news again?"

Gibson's answer was sympathetic but clear: No. "I gather she's going back to Martha's Vineyard," Gibson began.

"It's such a sad story. Martha Raddatz [of ABC News] wrote a terrific book about one battle that took place in Iraq, and it was the battle in which Cindy's son was killed. And you look at somebody like that and you think here's somebody who's just trying to find some meaning in her son's death. And you have to be sympathetic to her. Anybody who has given a son to this country has made an enormous sacrifice, and you have to be sympathetic. But enough already."

You can listen to the entire interview here.

This week a number of observers have wondered whether the press will cover Sheehan now that she is protesting a war run by Barack Obama as opposed to George W. Bush. Gibson's interview strongly suggests it won't happen.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I do not particularly like her.
    I do feel sorry her son died. But he died for us and our country and for that she should be proud.

But, I am glad she lives in a country made free by her son and his death, that she can choose to do this, and that her message has not wavered. At least she is being honest in what she is doing. The fact that fewer people care and that it has not dissuaded her from her goal, is testament to her loyalty.

I personally just do not stand by her on this.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Let him rest

well said...... reps for the monkey....:patriot:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    I am glad she hasn't stopped. It shows that she is anti-war and not just anti-Bush.

Plus it is always fun to watch the leftist press throw a hissy fit about people they once paraded as heroes.

If they try to silence her I will gladly argue/protest for her right to speech.

Top Bottom