• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hard to beat a carbine that can fit in a backpack, yet be ready to shoot with a quick unfolding. The 40 really smacks but it's still fun to shoot..

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Rotortech - did your addons change how it folds? Does it still kinda click into place?
    The Red Lion front sight clicks in to place when folded, just like the pathetic original. I am telling you, if you do nothing else, put the red lion front sight on your Sub 2K. The reason for the indexing fore end was so that I could mount a red dot and still fold it. The red dot on a riser made a world of difference for me when shooting this gun.

Here is a pic of it folded up with the mods:

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Have the Glock version. Like to shoot it, but hate to clean it. I bought the dust cover - first time I took it to an indoor range, I forgot it was there. When I unfolded the rifle, the cover popped off and went in front of the line. They had to shut down the line to retrieve it.

$399 is a bit high. Bradis recently sold them for $349, and several other shops are usually cheaper than Bradis.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nah, You can use a liberal amount of heat to remove the front sight. They are really crappy. I can't believe in this world of computerization that Kel-tec couldn't come up with better!

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I have a Glock 9mm version and LOVE it. Have the RedLion Rail system for it so I can still fold the unit. Had a little kick but is only a problem if you are not secure to the shoulder socket.

THe thing I like best is that the mags are interchangeable with the handgun which means I can carry one type of ammo for everything and move the mags back and forth as needed.

The 33rd mags for the Sub2K are great, DO NOT GET THE KNOCK-OFF's use the real thing.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had the Glock 9 version. It was the folding aspect that attracted me. However, in addition to the crappy front sight, I never could get a comfortable check weld. Having had this experience this is oneI suggest you really want to check out and hopefully fire first.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    heat the barrel, or the sight.

I used a commercial heat gun so heating the barrel is inevitable but the sights are only glued on anyhoo.

I have the G19 length I got in a trade. I am going to pimp this out! (BTW- the grip is obnoxiously short!)

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've owned three and sold them all (including an ODG/hard chrome and another black/blued, both unfired). I regret selling the ODG/hard chrome model. The one I first owned was mostly reliable with only a hiccup every couple of hundred rounds. Not sure how the ODG/hard chrome one worked out for the buyer. The unfired black/blued went to a fellow INGOer who unfortunately has had reliability issues but I think they are mostly worked out. All were G17 versions.

All that being said, If I could adapt one to use Sig P250/P320 magazines I'd probably buy another.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The 33rd mags for the Sub2K are great, DO NOT GET THE KNOCK-OFF's use the real thing.

Like he said - do not get the knock-offs. I bought my sub 2k used and it came with two Korean made 33 round magazines. They didn't fit the mag well and didn't work very well. I tossed them out.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My homeboy made mags work well. If you are going to the Kokomo show, I will bring it with me and you can check it out! (I'm setting up selling excess equipment)

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I have the .40 S&W version that accepts Glock mags & I love it! It kicks like a mule - that was a little surprising (first 50 rounds & my shoulder was SORE!), but I installed a Tacticool buffer & that has helped significantly.

The front sights are junk, but I did my research before buying & knew what to expect. I installed a Red Lion front iron sight & muzzle adapter with a picatinny rail. Removing the front sight is a piece of cake. I cut mine off with a dremel tool, then used heat to loosen the adhesive to slip the sleeve off. I think that the whole setup could be removed with heat (no cutting). This video shows the process - Kel-Tec SUB-2000 Front Sight Replacement R7 from Red Lion Precision - YouTube.

I haven't shot beyond 100 yds, but this gun has tight patterns & after getting it sighted in, shoots consistent groups. Cleaning really isn't that tough, considering the gun folds open to expose all of the parts that need attention. The best part is that I have a rifle & accessories stored in a 17" laptop backpack that is ready to go at anytime. I have a deposit down for the next 9mm Sub2000 to come through my LGS so I can have a matching set! I love the fact that I can use the same mags that I already have loaded for my EDC.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I shot a .40 cal version. Wasn't impressed with the front sight.

Guess I would consider getting one to play with if they made versions that took M&P mags.

dnewton3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Indy area
    Mine is Glk 9mm version, and one of the older ones at that.

It's kind of cool to have a folding, quick deploy carbine that will interchange with your pistol for direct fit mags. I thought cleaning was not too bad, overall.
    OTOH - the trigger sucks. No, I mean it SUCKS. No real ability to change it that I'm aware of, and the LOP and reset are gawdawful.
    But as long as you're not buying it for long range tac-driving (and no 9mm carbine really fits that description anyway), then it's high on the fun meter.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    I've got a Glock 17 version and I really lime it. The only modification I have made is wrap some electrical tape around the pistol grip. I've considered mounting some type of sling point to the handguard but I have not decided yet.

Top Bottom