• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Yesterday I had to put down a loved family member of 15yrs that really had me in a funk. I tried to shake it off at the range today (successfully I might add) and came across a 9mm ammo at Walmart called Perfecta. Many have probably seen it, as have I but never shot until today. It was accurate, all went bang without any issue, kinda weird ejection, some would go forward, some straight up and land on the gun, a few in my face. All in all 100rds with no major issue, and at $10 for 50rds I do believe I will be buying many a box in the near future. Also it seems Range Therapy works wonders on a heavy heart.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    First of all, sorry for your loss! Cherish those memories. Second, i have run over 1000 rounds of the perfecta 9mm through a few different firearms and continue to buy as ive had no issues at all. Definitely a good price and my local wallyworld seems to always have it in stock.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Just shot some perfecta today... I didn't remember what I paid but at $10 a box I would buy more if I saw it at that price! I have mainly been shooting freedom stuff but they have raised the prices of their cases so I probably won't be running out to buy any at least until it drops back down.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Sorry about your heavy heart. Been there myself. Glad to hear you had a good therapy session. We to have used that ammo without any issues although our wally world is a little higher

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    I'm sorry for your loss. I still have fond memories of all my family members I have had to put down.

EOD Guy. I have run it in my AR and all my pistols. It is no more dirty than WWB ammo.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I am sorry about your loss. Putting down a pet has taken me to some of my darkest hours. Glad you turned it around.

About that ammo. I have studied it in the case at Wally World and wondered about it. I thought: At that really low price are they using anything substandard? I usually pass and get Winchester white box.

Sounds like I will be trying some Perfecta. Thanks for the post.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry about ur loss.

for $10 anmmo it's not bad at all For just shooting off a few hundred rounds. I use up a few hundreds rounds fast with my smg so price matters to me. I would never use it for edc ammo.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry for your loss. I have a cat that's been with me for 16 years who has been having issues lately and I might have to go the same route soon. Not looking forward to it at all, so I can understand what you're going through. Like you, I've found the range to be the answer for stress, grief and other such things. Perfecta is perfectly fine plinking ammo. I've used it quite a bit and it works just fine. Prefer it over WWB.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I first saw this posted by Billorights. It's helped me a time or two and perhaps it may help you.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Top Bottom