Shadow Ops Weaponry NFA Violation and Closure - What's this mean?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Ok I was one of the 4000 suckers that purchased from Shadow Ops Weaponry in Longmont, CO. One the the customers that was having issues with getting his suppressor post this up on a facebook page.

UPDATE: Spoke with the Local Texas ATF Branch. They claimed they Form 3 I provided them dated Nov 25th was not entered into the ATF Database, meaning it wasn't submitted. My other Form 3 has been approved but currently Shadow Ops is under investigation and lead detective in the case is slowly releasing items as they are inventoried and taken as evidence. From his understanding Shadow Ops was not filing form 3's or form 2's to manufacture the items, thus the investigations. He suggested items not received should be filed in a Civil court for reparations.

What does this mean for the owner of the FFL and how much trouble is this FFL in. From a business side, the whole company is being liquidated because there is over $900,000 in outstanding orders and no assets. Hope no one else here got stuck in this mess.

Thanks,

Dave

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Just because they weren't in the registry doesn't mean a form 2 was never done. TM had a large bunch on cans we formed 2'd that were approved for transfer on form 3's. When the dealers tried to form 4 them they were told that they were not in the registry. Even though we had approved form 2's and 3's.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have a billet lower from them wanted to get the matching upper. Their communication with the customers was almost nonexistent.

Top Bottom