Service Tech and Utility Worker needed in Whitestown!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Howdy...my company is in need of a couple Service Techs for sewer cleaning trucks, street sweepers, and aerial trucks, as well as a utility person.
    For the Service Tech position, basic mechanical skills and tools are required, along with your own tools. Training on vac trucks, sweepers and aerial vehicles are provided. A Class B or better CDL license is preferred, but should be obtained within the first six months of employment. We're not going to put you on the road a lot, but you may have to deliver/pickup/road test trucks within 30 miles of Indy on occasion.

For the utility position, basic cleaning and shop skills are required (washing trucks, cleaning the shop, other duties as assigned...perfect for a recent HS grad) with a chance for advancement.

Service Tech will start at $20 per hour or more, based on experience, Utility person will start at $15 per hour

DM me here, or call 317-768-2600 M-F from 8-4 for info or to set up an interview

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Is any other business having a hard time not only hiring people, but even getting people to actually apply?? I know service techs (mechanics) can pretty much write their own ticket these days, but honestly, we're struggling to even get applicants for the utility person position!

When I was just out of high school, the chance at a job that started at $15, with a decent chance for advancement would have been a pipe-dream.

I've been hiring people for over 20 years and I've never seen the new-hire pipeline be this empty.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    When my union starts another class of apprentices, they'll usually get about 10-12 of the 20 applicants they're looking for.
    By the time they're drug tested, that number is often down to 6 or 8.
    Then factor out the ones that don't like the work, can't do the work or unable to drag their ass outta bed and make it to work and ya have an annual class of 4-5 people if lucky.
    This isn't a burger flipping job, it's a union building trade type job with good pay and a couple retirements.
    People just don't wanna work.

Top Bottom