• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I recently found my perfect little lot near a lake. I was all set to make an offer when I found out there wasn’t sewer to hook into. It has to have a septic. I’d planned to build a small shouse but now I don’t think it’s possible due to lack of room for a building and a septic tank.

Campers are allowed in the HOA but that’s a whole new area for me and I don’t know anything about them. I know there’s a black tank and so on but that’s about it.

Do people pull their campers out when their tanks are getting full to go dump them?

Is it possible to have a septic tank without a finger system and have it pumped out when full?

This wouldn’t be a full time residence and wouldn’t have a ton of septic tank action regularly.

Thanks

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Do people pull their campers out when their tanks are getting full to go dump them?

Is it possible to have a septic tank without a finger system and have it pumped out when full?

This wouldn’t be a full time residence and wouldn’t have a ton of septic tank action regularly.

Thanks

Yes, people can/do pull the campers out to dump them, not a lot but some do. If they do, the owners of the campground will have a dump station for the tenets to use.

Other options are a tote. A small blue portable tank you would empty the black tank into then go dump that. Another option, some campgrounds contract a guy to come around every other week and pump out black tanks.

However, most permanent campgrounds have a built in septic system in which the camper owner just hard pipes their camper into.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yes, people can/do pull the campers out to dump them, not a lot but some do. If they do, the owners of the campground will have a dump station for the tenets to use.

Other options are a tote. A small blue portable tank you would empty the black tank into then go dump that. Another option, some campgrounds contract a guy to come around every other week and pump out black tanks.

However, most permanent campgrounds have a built in septic system in which the camper owner just hard pipes their camper into.
    Yeah I was just googling and came across the tote tanks. My problem would be that the lot isn’t in a camp ground and I’d have to transfer the tank by truck if I went that route.

Thank you

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    First, and most importantly, check with local health department.
    I'm currently building a home outside of Indiana, I'm preparing an RV hookup for visiting family and friends and I'm permitted to install a 300 gallon septic pump tank. There's no drainage field attached to it, I just have it pumped out by a licensed septic service when full.
    It is a subsurface, spherical, plastic tank and is roughly a 48" in diameter with a 20" access lid and cost approximately $400. I purchased it from Drainage Solutions in Franklin Indiana. (model AK300)
    Again, this may not be an option where you're looking and a portable may be your best option.
    Good luck.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Portable "blue tank" might be your best option if you have a truck to haul it to a place to dump. Depending what you have in your camper will make a lot of difference. If you have a macerator pump system in the camper you can put the empty tank in your truck and transfer with the macerator. Other wise you would have to have a way to get the filled tank into the truck.
    We have a motorhome and pull out to go dump at a nearby Illinois county park. It is only about seven miles so not a big deal and a MH is a lot easier to take to a dump station and back. The county park has a campground and the dump is free if you camp. If you just want to dump they only charge you $2.00 for the dump so super cheap. My next option would be a Pilot that is about 25 miles away and they charge $10.00 but I have one of their "old" gas discount card and get it for $5.00. Some people empty into a sewer clean-out at home and that seems to work for some depending on if you have a clean-out handy.
    Look into and evaluate a place to dump before making your final decision. Jim.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    First, and most importantly, check with local health department.
    I'm currently building a home outside of Indiana, I'm preparing an RV hookup for visiting family and friends and I'm permitted to install a 300 gallon septic pump tank. There's no drainage field attached to it, I just have it pumped out by a licensed septic service when full.
    It is a subsurface, spherical, plastic tank and is roughly a 48" in diameter with a 20" access lid and cost approximately $400. I purchased it from Drainage Solutions in Franklin Indiana. (model AK300)
    Again, this may not be an option where you're looking and a portable may be your best option.
    Good luck.
    Will you be diverting the grey water? Id imagine a 300g tank would fill rather quickly if shower, laundry water, etc. were also to be captured. Nice that the municipality gives you this option though.

Top Bottom