• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I recently found my perfect little lot near a lake. I was all set to make an offer when I found out there wasn’t sewer to hook into. It has to have a septic. I’d planned to build a small shouse but now I don’t think it’s possible due to lack of room for a building and a septic tank.

Campers are allowed in the HOA but that’s a whole new area for me and I don’t know anything about them. I know there’s a black tank and so on but that’s about it.

Do people pull their campers out when their tanks are getting full to go dump them?

Is it possible to have a septic tank without a finger system and have it pumped out when full?

This wouldn’t be a full time residence and wouldn’t have a ton of septic tank action regularly.

Thanks

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Do people pull their campers out when their tanks are getting full to go dump them?

Is it possible to have a septic tank without a finger system and have it pumped out when full?

This wouldn’t be a full time residence and wouldn’t have a ton of septic tank action regularly.

Thanks

Yes, people can/do pull the campers out to dump them, not a lot but some do. If they do, the owners of the campground will have a dump station for the tenets to use.

Other options are a tote. A small blue portable tank you would empty the black tank into then go dump that. Another option, some campgrounds contract a guy to come around every other week and pump out black tanks.

However, most permanent campgrounds have a built in septic system in which the camper owner just hard pipes their camper into.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yes, people can/do pull the campers out to dump them, not a lot but some do. If they do, the owners of the campground will have a dump station for the tenets to use.

Other options are a tote. A small blue portable tank you would empty the black tank into then go dump that. Another option, some campgrounds contract a guy to come around every other week and pump out black tanks.

However, most permanent campgrounds have a built in septic system in which the camper owner just hard pipes their camper into.
    Yeah I was just googling and came across the tote tanks. My problem would be that the lot isn’t in a camp ground and I’d have to transfer the tank by truck if I went that route.

Thank you

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    First, and most importantly, check with local health department.
    I'm currently building a home outside of Indiana, I'm preparing an RV hookup for visiting family and friends and I'm permitted to install a 300 gallon septic pump tank. There's no drainage field attached to it, I just have it pumped out by a licensed septic service when full.
    It is a subsurface, spherical, plastic tank and is roughly a 48" in diameter with a 20" access lid and cost approximately $400. I purchased it from Drainage Solutions in Franklin Indiana. (model AK300)
    Again, this may not be an option where you're looking and a portable may be your best option.
    Good luck.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Portable "blue tank" might be your best option if you have a truck to haul it to a place to dump. Depending what you have in your camper will make a lot of difference. If you have a macerator pump system in the camper you can put the empty tank in your truck and transfer with the macerator. Other wise you would have to have a way to get the filled tank into the truck.
    We have a motorhome and pull out to go dump at a nearby Illinois county park. It is only about seven miles so not a big deal and a MH is a lot easier to take to a dump station and back. The county park has a campground and the dump is free if you camp. If you just want to dump they only charge you $2.00 for the dump so super cheap. My next option would be a Pilot that is about 25 miles away and they charge $10.00 but I have one of their "old" gas discount card and get it for $5.00. Some people empty into a sewer clean-out at home and that seems to work for some depending on if you have a clean-out handy.
    Look into and evaluate a place to dump before making your final decision. Jim.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    First, and most importantly, check with local health department.
    I'm currently building a home outside of Indiana, I'm preparing an RV hookup for visiting family and friends and I'm permitted to install a 300 gallon septic pump tank. There's no drainage field attached to it, I just have it pumped out by a licensed septic service when full.
    It is a subsurface, spherical, plastic tank and is roughly a 48" in diameter with a 20" access lid and cost approximately $400. I purchased it from Drainage Solutions in Franklin Indiana. (model AK300)
    Again, this may not be an option where you're looking and a portable may be your best option.
    Good luck.
    Will you be diverting the grey water? Id imagine a 300g tank would fill rather quickly if shower, laundry water, etc. were also to be captured. Nice that the municipality gives you this option though.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom