• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    As someone who is an alien and gun owner, trust me - you should definitely take Kirk's advice if you're not certain. There are plenty of situations in which you could legally sell to aliens (me, for example) but you'd have to be very familiar with the laws and ATF policies to be safe.

Let's review:

Manesh is an engineer at Yoyodyne and they sponsor his H1B visa. Some day he might return to Mumbai, but for now he lives in decent apartment at Melrose Place.

Manesh thinks Ar-15 are cool (like the rest of us) and wants to buy one that he finds on INGO for sale. After becoming a site sponsor he contacts you to meet up. After you verify he lives in Indiana and he volunteers a stack of utility bills - you may sell with confidence.

18 U.S.C. 922(a)(9)
    18 U.S.C. 921, 922(b)(3), (d) and (g)
    27 CFR 478.11 and 478.99(a)
    27 CFR 478.29a

Manesh would need a a valid hunting license (from any US state) in addition to proof of Indiana residency. He wouldn't need the utility bills however.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    As someone who is an alien and gun owner, trust me - you should definitely take Kirk's advice if you're not certain. There are plenty of situations in which you could legally sell to aliens (me, for example) but you'd have to be very familiar with the laws and ATF policies to be safe.

Manesh would need a a valid hunting license (from any US state) in addition to proof of Indiana residency. He wouldn't need the utility bills however.

Why would he need a valid hunting license? Are firearms JUST for hunting? What if he did not hunt, but was into shooting sports?

Top Bottom