• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I was always one of those “why should I have to pay a fee and ask permission to exercise my rights” kind of people, so when the LTCH requirement dropped off, I let mine pass on into oblivion (always did the 4 year for the above stated reason). I’m not going back, but if that means someone isn’t comfortable selling me something, I’m fine with that. Choices have Consequences.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    “Do as You like” No one is forcing you to do anything…
    But a very good discussion of the Pro’s n Con’s

The saying “Ignorance of the Law is No exception” has always stuck with me since I was a young lad.
    Who among us are the Law scholars versed in Firearm Law.
    We all have and voiced our opinions. And we all know what “opinions” are……
    Yes, we are all innocent until proven guilty according to our Laws.
    But who really has the “time n money” for all this if something goes south….
    How many here on this thread will come to your rescue if indeed something goes wrong now or in the future because they gave an opinion-answer and you followed it.
    Basically, why not Lessen the “Risk“ ….
    FFL/Pawn Shop/gun store all have multiple ways to Lessen their Risk….
    Shouldn’t you?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

The saying “Ignorance of the Law is No exception” has always stuck with me since I was a young lad.
    How many here on this thread will come to your rescue if indeed something goes wrong now or in the future because they gave an opinion-answer and you followed it.
    Shouldn’t you?

You do you, or what's legally required in your state. We need LESS government involvement in private transactions, not more.

Sell to a well established member on INGO, have them show proof of residency, and you'll be fine...

I'm glad I left the Land of Lincoln when I turned 18 and would never live there again. You must not get many takers for your guns if you're selling them on INGO..

I am proud to live in the FREE state of Indiana.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Of course, I would advocate that anyone should do whatever makes them feel comfortable by the deal while at the same time I am not advocating for anyone to do anything that I haven't done.

It has served me well in many FTF deals for the 15+ years that I have been a member. As a matter of fact, in those 15+ years I can't recall anyone that has gotten into legal hot water for not knowingly selling to a prohibited person here on INGO.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That got me to thinking. I guess we old school dreamers are legal now. My parents snuck me over the Ohio River back in 63. I am not sure if they went through immigration or not.
    Wish I wouldn't have read this because knowing it means I can't sell you a firearm now.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Shouldn’t you?
    Sounds like something someone from Illinois would say.

Live free.

“Can’t sell to a person you know is prohibited” doesn’t take a law degree to understand, even though some have weighed in here.

FFL etc aren’t “lessening their risk”, they are following the law.
    They lessen their risk when they make a judgment call on their own to not sell to someone that throws up a red flag on something besides the background check, which they have the right to do just like us.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy

Shouldn’t you?
    Dude, relax... You're seriously harshing my mellow today, man :pimp:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I am concerned tactics like this increase liability not decrease it. What if you miss something in your pseudo background check? Do you then have liability because you were acting like you were concerned the buyer was not a proper person?

I don’t know the answers to those questions but would follow what is in the law…
    No

You are not required to do anything at all doing more isn't going to hurt you. That law requires you have no reason to believe they are improper there's nothing that says you can't do an open source check. Hell I nib#### all the time and look people up on mycase for no reason at all . it's open source public knowledge that's no different than looking at someone's ingo posts or facebook.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sell to a well established member on INGO, have them show proof of residency, and you'll be fine...
    Nope…No can do….My ID shows me as an out of State resident.
    I have to abide by Federal Law to sell “I should say *transfer* “ if transfer is considered selling” over State Lines.
    But this thread initially was about “in state selling/transfers” between in state residents.

Was a “Hoosier” at one time up until 1978…..crossed the border west for employment and settled there.

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ok, so I sold a gun here to an INGO'er. We met and he didn't look out of the ordinary. Average guy, younger than me but not any red flags. A year or so later I get word that the ATF called the LGS to do a trace on that particular gun I sold. It had been used in a crime. It was traced back to me as the last owner. ATF has never visited me over that. This has been over a year ago that I knew the ATF inquired about the pistol

Top Bottom