• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I agree.
    And a lot cheaper in the long run than hiring a lawyer each an every time your called into a courtroom, if that possibility occurs.

And all this “I’ve got a gut feeling blah blah blah” don’t mean a hill of beans to me.
    People lie n cheat every single day….husbands, wives,…..and many people of good stature.
    Like BBL……Trust No one….

****So what do I do…..****
    (NOT saying YOU Have too….)
    I‘m outta State,…..and sell to Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan residents.

EDIT::::: AND TO MY ILLINOIS HOME STATE RESIDENTS
    (a whole different subject) to those that matter….

I meet at FFL’s (safety n security for Us both).
    If buyer chooses NOT to meet and do Deal at FFL, so be it….……the Sale/Deal never happens.

FFL also runs the Background check to make sure BOTH “I the Seller and Buyer” are proper/legit and the firearm isn’t stolen.
    So,….Win Win for both Seller n Buyer.
    AND as mentioned before,
    PEACE OF MIND for both Seller n Buyer.

YMMV…

:ingo:
    As far as I'm aware, ffl transfer only is a background check on buyer...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This has probably all been covered already.
    As long as you reasonably believe he is okay, then you are okay.
    I have always been against doing more because I worry that the gun grabbers can point at INGO and say, see, even Indiana gun owners feel we need universal background checks.

this is why some people won’t buy or sell to people that don’t take part in the discussion parts of the board. You can sort of get an impression of a guy from what he says and how he interacts.

many members will ask to see a carry license, and note they won’t record anything. I am okay with that. Some people want a bill of sale. If you want one, you better state it in the ad, because many of us will walk away from the meet up if you whip that out. I am not going to give some stranger my address after informing him that I have a gun collection at home.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    ok, that is a good way to look at it, i just assumed if the gun was still in the sellers name, the seller would be suspect #1.
    I for one appreciate your openness to a new way of thinking about this.

We can be paranoid about something bad happening, but our preparations for the said something bad fall short often, line crawling under your desk when you see a mushroom cloud.

The receipt idea is meaningless.

What’s worse IMO opinion, is the fearmongerers that are able to influence others to move further towards the commie state, i.e. our friends from Illinois voting in favor of universal background checks because “what’s the big deal I do that already” and sending us further down this rabbit hole of less rights.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I haven't sold, purchased or traded very much, but I've always looked to work with more experienced members on INGO. Ones that have a solid history and are active in the community. With that said, it's also important that you are a active participant in the community as well and not just on a surface level.

Every single interaction I've had with trusted members has been positive.

I follow(ed) their guidelines on how they would like the sale to proceed and I use those positive interactions to form how I interact.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've been a member here for 15+ years now. In that time I have done many classified deals here. I've never sold or bought a firearm that I didn't feel confident that the deal wasn't copesetic. In pretty much every ad that I posted I included the following stipulation as a condition of sale. Never recorded anything. never had a problem. Never sold a firearm to someone that I knew was a prohibited individual.

"Buyer must be an Indiana resident, 18+ with DL as proof of age and residency. Buyer must also be legally able to purchase and own firearms in accordance with all applicable Federal and State law."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If they don't have a ltch you can look them up on mycase.in.gov and see if they've been in court. Not perfect but if it makes you feel better.
    I am concerned tactics like this increase liability not decrease it. What if you miss something in your pseudo background check? Do you then have liability because you were acting like you were concerned the buyer was not a proper person?

I don’t know the answers to those questions but would follow what is in the law…

Top Bottom