• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I made one out of an old bed frame. I drilled holes in the metal uprights to screw 2x4s to them and staple cardboard sheets between the uprights.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I made one out of an old bed frame. I drilled holes in the metal uprights to screw 2x4s to them and staple cardboard sheets between the uprights.

Most old bed-frames are made from hot-rolled steel. The stuff is pretty hard, and likely to induce ricochets.
    Just be aware of this if you go this route.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Made mine for about $8 each out of PVC.

406597968.jpg

Side bar:

Does anyone sell USPSA or IDPA targets locally? I really don't want to pay shipping on a whole case when I just want a few. PSS stocks them but won't sell you any unless you buy their $50 steel stand.

Last edited:

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Migs are cheap and not hard to use. I don't see a problem making your own. Even an inexperienced person can learn to weld good enough to mount some cardboard.:)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I made my own! I put the legs under the cross bar that way they stack inside one and other! 30 of them don't take up much room at all!

DSC07370.jpg

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We offer some as well. These are 18" wide to accommodate cardboard/paper targets and also have a center slot for 2x4s to mount steel targets to as well. Also, brackets to mount targets to the top of the 2x4 are available separately.

These are $40 each (bracket - not shown, are $30) or (without 2x4 post for $35)
    IMG_3021.jpg

We also offer a set of swinger brackets that allow the end user to make a collabsible a-frame stand using their own round/rube material. Material should be 3/4" OD, but can be cut to any length desired to fit the targets being used.

These are $55 pair.
    Untitled-1-2.jpg

Other stand options are available on request, but the above mentioned are all stocked items.

Top Bottom