• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    Do we have any medical professionals in here that would be willing to allow job shadowing? I'm currently a student with a Biochem major and hoping to get some shadowing experience. My goals are to go to med school, but as everyone knows it is no easy task. A nice lady from IU med admissions told me that I should start getting hours and try to shadow multiple disciplines of medicine. So, here I am, trying to build bridges. I'm located 45 min east of Indianapolis and more than willing to travel. Thank you for your time

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We could setup a shadow with me. I work in the ER at st Francis. Have you considered dentistry? Great career also with better hours, shorter training, and better pay. You could shadow my wife in shelbyville if you wanted to check that out.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Also look at being a scribe if possible. You work with docs or PA/NP and write up the chart for us. Basically you get to watch 20 history and physicals, learn how to document everything, see a ton of cool things, and learn the workups for most complaints, at least in the ER. Community East may be fairly close. I'm not sure if they use them in new castle or greenfield. Most of our scribes are pre-med or pre-PA and they start with a huge advantage from the knowledge and experienced they gained in the ER

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    We could setup a shadow with me. I work in the ER at st Francis. Have you considered dentistry? Great career also with better hours, shorter training, and better pay. You could shadow my wife in shelbyville if you wanted to check that out.

I just went to the dentist in Shelbyville on Tuesday...

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    If you consider dentistry please shadow several different offices. There is a staggering range of what the office dynamic is and what the dentists life looks like. Some will scare you away from the profession and other will make you think you discovered the best kept secret of possible professions.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If you are interested in a career where you don't have to learn medicine at all, but you get to tell healthcare providers how they should have done things, check out the plaintiff's med mal bar.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OP joined me today for a bit. We didn't see anything too crazy but he got to see how hectic my day is at work.

plus a guy who popped his lung playing PS4 :rofl:

Top Bottom