• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Many of the details of this mission will have to remain rather vague. Certain parties are known to check this sight as part of their intelligence gathering. I had multiple objectives and many obstacles to overcome.

I'll start with my gear. I didn't want to appear too tactical because I needed to blend in. I just wore some good jeans and a plain black t-shirt. I added a traditional style flannel shirt to conceal my XD45. Plus the stripes in different directions can often help confuse the enemies I might encounter. The XD holds 14 rounds and I always have extra mags stored in my BOB in the car. I had my trusty pocket clip folder in my left pocket, and a leatherman in my right. Each boot contained another small boot-knife just in case. That was going to have to be the extent of what I carried with me. Any more would attract too much attention and jeopardize the mission. Although I did grab a snack or two to keep in the car to keep my energy up and I made sure to have sufficient currency to deal with any situations that I might encounter.

So I embarked towards my first objective. Just getting to the proper coordinates proved to be a significant challenge. I began to wonder if the details of my mission had been leaked because the closer I got, the more enemies appeared to block me. It took a lot of effort and several tactical maneuvers, but I finally got myself into position for the next phase of the mission. It was now time to leave the relative safety of my vehicle and proceed on foot.

I had to stay on high alert. Potential threats seemed to be present in all directions. I managed to keep a low profile and penetrate their defenses without being discovered. I carefully worked my way towards the location where my first objective was supposed to be. Some of my own intelligence must have been faulty because the objective was not there. This part of the mission was a failure. I worked my way back to my vehicle and proceeded towards the next objective.

Again, obstacles seemed to come from everywhere. I was lucky to be able to maintain my anonymity. More than once, I nearly had to directly engage the enemy to survive. I did however manage to make it to all of the required coordinates and obtain my other objectives. In the process, I was even able to execute a back up plan to make up for the first failed objective.

I'm not in the kind of physical condition I once was. Fortunately, this mission required much more stealth than speed. I'm sure it won't take long before the physical fatigue of this mission is a memory. The emotional toll is a different story. Those scars will last a very long time, if not forever. I can assure you though, there was a very important purpose for this mission. Its also a mission that must be repeated from time to time in order to maintain civility in the lives of certain key people.

Man, I really hate Christmas shopping. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    that+was+intense+_0c09ba7d8891c081a7606700ffeab1a8.jpg

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Too funny Supr!!! I saw some evedince of a mission being carried out in the hubby's shop this evening, he might need to take stealth lessons from you.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Too funny Supr!!! I saw some evedince of a mission being carried out in the hubby's shop this evening, he might need to take stealth lessons from you.

My wife also has a habit of putting stuff where she knows I will see it. Then she gets mad when it happens. There's been more than one year that I had to feign surprise. ;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    As a follow up to this mission, all the objectives I was able to acquire have now been properly camouflaged and remain hidden in plain sight. They will be re-acquired by other operatives at a future date.

Top Bottom