Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Always been curious why butterfly knives are so "evil". They are needlessly complex and hard to deploy. There are far easier mechanisms.

Don
    Because they looked nefarious in early 1980s hoodrat movies, just like switchblades in the 50s. Association with characters of ill repute in public consciousness.

Just like those dreaded ninja stars (shuriken, for the purists) from the 70s and 80s ninja movies I grew up on.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    “Knives are ’arms’, - Of course they are, as are swords, spears, lances, body armor (whether mail, plate, Kevlar…), etc.

2nd Amendment does NOT simply = guns.

The meaning of the term “arms” is broader than many think. Lots of terms reflect this; polearms, firearms, man-at-arms, etc.

Sad we need a court to declare this when a simple dictionary of the English language should suffice.

Last edited:

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    The way I read it, the 9th reversed the Hawaiian ban. Surprised me being the 9th actually made a pro 2nd amendment decision.
    I believe when Trump appointed all the vacant judge positions, the 9th sort of flipped back to being more constitution focused.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Because they looked nefarious in early 1980s hoodrat movies, just like switchblades in the 50s. Association with characters of ill repute in public consciousness.

Just like those dreaded ninja stars (shuriken, for the purists) from the 70s and 80s ninja movies I grew up on.
    That and the lessor known "Gravity Knives" get banned a lot.

Think of them as a springless switchblade, when held down and the button pressed gravity will pull the blade out.

Top Bottom