• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hey all, we are looking for a nice place to spend weekends.
    We are going to check out a place called Dietz Lake. Anyone know anything about this place?

any suggestions and info about good seasonal sites?

thanks

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I don't know anything about Dietz Lake, but just saw it was in Clay City. Years ago, I knew someone who used to have an RV set up at Sullivan Lake for the summer. They spent most weekends there, camping and boating. I was there once and it seemed nice. Just an idea if you are thinking about western Indiana.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I'm not trying to be a troll here...
    I have a question.

Why do you live someplace you need to get away on 'Weekends'?

It's not perfect,
    (we used to have a bat problem, but the mosquitoes ate them all ;) )
    But I love where I live and can't wait to get home!

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm not trying to be a troll here...
    I have a question.

Why do you live someplace you need to get away on 'Weekends'?

It's not perfect,
    (we used to have a bat problem, but the mosquitoes ate them all ;) )
    But I love where I live and can't wait to get home!

I like to get away on weekends. Right now, living in BFE is not an option, kid in school, work, and other reasons keep me in Marion County. It is my goal to have a place in BFE to live and enjoy all the things that come with. Until then, I'll have to take my weekends camping with some good people, or alone to collect what's left of my brain.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Makes sense, I never did the kids thing, so I'm out of that conversation.
    I never lived in a city, but from what I've seen I'd bug out too.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That sounds like fun. I seasoned on a lake for a few years in my Fleetwood super slide. I have some tips.

Never leave your awning out when you go home. There's a mobile awning service that will come to you and replace it.

Don't get on top of the roof when you clean it. Even a rubber roof can leak. And you want to condition the roof because the sun dries it.

Turn the shower head off when you soap up or you'll have a cold rinse. They do make on demand water heaters that's a direct replacement, but pricey. A hanging shower shelf is a must because there's no room to put anything.

If you have free electric, get 2 of the tall Sunbeam infrared heaters. I kept one on the dresser and one on the counter at night so the dog wouldn't knock them over.

The flusher stuck on the toilet in the middle of the night when one of the kids were using it. Woke up to water on the floor.

You can winterize with just 2 gallons of potable antifreeze. First I use a cheap pancake compressor and blow out the hose line with a piece of hose, air line fitting on one end and hose fitting on the other. I
    start with the bathroom sink open so pressure doesn't build up. When one line is drained, I open another before closing it. Sink, toilet, shower, and kitchen sink. Then I drain the black tank. The fresh water tank is probably empty if your connected to a hose. If unsure, drain it. Under the sink, disconnect the pump hose from the fresh water tank and attach a siphon hose going to the antifreeze bottle. I keep this hose under the sink with the pump.Turn on the pump switch by the sink. It will run until pressure builds up. Run toilet and sinks until antifreeze comes out. Leave antifreeze and water that drains in the black tank.

I always put the slide in in the winter and put a cover over the camper, tieing it down real good. I left it plugged in so I still had use of it whenever I want, but didn't have much floor space with the slide in.

Get a small rechargeable vacuum.

Turn lp tanks off when you go home.

Don't forget to fill your empty tank and run out of gas.

Keep a grill there. You can chain it down.

Decks are nice. You can get the cement things the posts go in and build one in a day.

A big electric skillet on the deck will cook anything.

I grill sausage or whatever with dinner and heat it in the microwave in the morning. A 2 slice toaster and a coffee maker is also a must.

Don't store drinks or shampoos in the winter.

A big tire rim makes a good fire pit.

Prop refrigerator doors open during storage, but unplug it if you leave the electric on.

Top Bottom