• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Last night in Preble Co., Ohio (southwest of Dayton)

Brubaker Bridge,
    Preble County, Ohio
    Built; 1887.
    Destroyed; last night 8.5.2022.

1659813966854.png

29870627053_149b771033_b.jpg

Journal-News video https://www.journal-news.com/news/s...-county/d999734e-7d4d-4a7f-b7d0-853391f2b2b4/

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Just because I can drive a semi forward doesn't mean I can back up, especially on a very narrow curving road.

How fast was he/she going to get that far into the bridge before realizing they did something really stupid?

bmanguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2017
    Tippecanoe
    We have a one lane, steel bridge over the Wabash in Battleground, Indiana.

Not the same situation, but it’s shut down due to folks exceeding the weight limit. I wish people would pay atttention.

I believe they are beefing it up for the long term. Not as nice looking as the covered bridges.

DF2745E8-04DB-4A82-AA93-5573970D82BE.jpeg

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    We have a one lane, steel bridge over the Wabash in Battleground, Indiana.

Not the same situation, but it’s shut down due to folks exceeding the weight limit. I wish people would pay atttention.

I believe they are beefing it up for the long term. Not as nice looking as the covered bridges.

View attachment 216162
    Not too many of the old iron bridges left either. They upgraded one N of Wheatfield just recently.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Oh good grief :facepalm: There’s a point where you have to stop, take a breath, and think for a minute! I mean call the cops, tell them you made a stupid and need assistance, whether that’s traffic control or a tow truck but why just seal the deal and prove to everybody you’re a dummy???

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh good grief :facepalm: There’s a point where you have to stop, take a breath, and think for a minute! I mean call the cops, tell them you made a stupid and need assistance, whether that’s traffic control or a tow truck but why just seal the deal and prove to everybody you’re a dummy???
    I believe there is an old quote that goes something like, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to jam your semi in a covered bridge and remove all doubt." Or something like that...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Probably followed his GPS.
    The one on his phone or cheap AUTOMOTIVE GPS.
    There are specific GPS units for semis. They contain route information that is pertinent to big rigs. Like weight limits, excess curves, height requirements, etc. The problem is those units cost hundreds of dollars more than what you or I would buy to drive our grocery getter to Disney.

That is how some of these morons get into these situations. The consumer GPS assumes you are a 4 wheeler and can go anywhere. So it doesnt skip narrow/low bridges, roads with constant hairpins, etc.

And the stupidity continues when they cant use common sense and say "No way in hell I'm under 12 tons or 8'." And here we are.

Dude needs to lose his CDL and go back to being a cashier somewhere.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The one on his phone or cheap AUTOMOTIVE GPS.
    There are specific GPS units for semis. They contain route information that is pertinent to big rigs. Like weight limits, excess curves, height requirements, etc. The problem is those units cost hundreds of dollars more than what you or I would buy to drive our grocery getter to Disney.
    They are still not that great. The ones our company put in the trucks was notorious for sending drivers down wrong roads. That's how I ended up in the neighborhood, standard small roads, tight corners etc, on the SE corner of the IMS.

Nothing beats trip planning. Yes there are unexpected detours but you still need some common sense.

There are also a huge number of drivers who don't speak or read English. Up in my area, we are swamped with the drivers from Canada coming across through Detroit headed elsewhere in the country. It's a problem.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are still not that great. The ones our company put in the trucks was notorious for sending drivers down wrong roads. That's how I ended up in the neighborhood, standard small roads, tight corners etc, on the SE corner of the IMS.

Nothing beats trip planning. Yes there are unexpected detours but you still need some common sense.

There are also a huge number of drivers who don't speak or read English. Up in my area, we are swamped with the drivers from Canada coming across through Detroit headed elsewhere in the country. It's a problem.
    This should be illegal for a CDL holder IMHO.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    BT stated it right many divers cannot speak or read English.

I made a wrong turn in Bethlehem, PA no way to turn around. Called the local police they showed up with a trooper. They helped me back out trooper checked my books.

They thanked me for calling them.

I double check GPS with google maps to ensure what route to use. My gut often tells me something is off I stop and figure it out.
    The mill @actaeon277 works at has two routes into it one for less than 12,7 and one for 13,6.

Top Bottom