• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Hey all, looking for opinions on the potential rings and base im about to purchase for my rifle. I picked up a Savage Mark ii TR 22 cal and slapped a vortex crossfire II 3-9x40 on er. Ive had the scope in some cheapo rings i had lying around mounted to the stock two piece scope base provided by Savage for the past few months but now am looking to upgrade. Im wanting something fairly durrable as this is going to be my new dedicated squirrel sniper and its gonna get lugged around quite a bit. After a looking around, I am leaning towards getting an EGW base and a set of Burris XTR low rings. The only other base that I had found and considered was the DIP brand but i like the EGW a bit more seeing that it doesnt have the cut out for the receiver. Not anticipating needing great acces to remove a jam seeing its a bolt action. I think the EGW base and Burris rings will be a good combo for a 22 but wanted to get a second opinion from any here that may have experience with any of these products. Also open to any suggestions of products you think may better suit my needs. Thanks!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Hey all, looking for opinions on the potential rings and base im about to purchase for my rifle. I picked up a Savage Mark ii TR 22 cal and slapped a vortex crossfire II 3-9x40 on er. Ive had the scope in some cheapo rings i had lying around mounted to the stock two piece scope base provided by Savage for the past few months but now am looking to upgrade. Im wanting something fairly durrable as this is going to be my new dedicated squirrel sniper and its gonna get lugged around quite a bit. After a looking around, I am leaning towards getting an EGW base and a set of Burris XTR low rings. The only other base that I had found and considered was the DIP brand but i like the EGW a bit more seeing that it doesnt have the cut out for the receiver. Not anticipating needing great acces to remove a jam seeing its a bolt action. I think the EGW base and Burris rings will be a good combo for a 22 but wanted to get a second opinion from any here that may have experience with any of these products. Also open to any suggestions of products you think may better suit my needs. Thanks!

Thats exacty what I would go with. I wouldnt sell that combo if I didnt think it was the best option in its price range.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Nice, I thought u only sold vortex products. How much do you charge for those rings and base?

Im a dealer for 10ish scope brands, a ton of ring/base dealers, etc. Alot of people think I only sell vortex becaue thats what I recomend most of the time. Fact of the matter is I can get nearly everything, but I only stock the best return on your investment items.

The base would be 45
    The rings would be 52.

I know I have the rings, but I think the base is out of stock.

Top Bottom