• ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Just to clairify...

This is not for wealth building. We have other processes already in place for wealth building.

This will not be a large amount. At the most, maybe the equivalent of 1 month of income. This is a small prep / hedge for SHTF situations. I want an additional option for bartering in case it becomes necessary.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I want an additional option for bartering in case it becomes necessary.

Not to thread jack, but I have often wondered how in SHTF would one barter with gold or silver? What is the likelihood of the one you might be bartering with having the knowledge to be able to accept gold or silver?

:scratch:

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Not to thread jack, but I have often wondered how in SHTF would one barter with gold or silver? What is the likelihood of the one you might be bartering with having the knowledge to be able to accept gold or silver?
    Or not just trading you a few hundred grains of lead for all the gold and silver you have on you?

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

I can see a day coming where silver will/may be used in Day to day purchases and gold for large items or property taxes and such.
    I believe a few states have recently voted to recognize gold/silver as a legitimate form of currency

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Snorko is right, things can get goofy. Post WWII germany devalued their currency 50% in one month. A couple of brauts and beer got pricey in a hurry. There are pictures around of other European countries where people are burning paper money in cook stoves because it became value less.

When our fiat paper illusion of wealth collapses, everyone will learn the barter system pretty fast. Yes, whatever supplies you have stored to sustain life, will only be yours if you can defend it from the suddenly desperate people who did no planning. It will be sad times, with few real friends.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just did a quick google search:

Below is a list of US states that accept Gold and Silver as legal tender:
    • WEST VIRGINIA. By a unanimous vote on March 8, the West Virginia Legislature approved Senate Bill 502, originally introduced by Sen. ...
    • WYOMING. ...
    • UTAH. ...
    • ARIZONA. ...
    • KANSAS. ...
    • OKLAHOMA. ...
    • TEXAS. ...
    • INDIANA.
    With that information, In addition to buckets of beans and a few boxes of 30-06 cartridges, it may be a good idea to have enough bullion to pay the property taxes on your house. That way the government does not have an excuse to take your property.

Last edited:

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Read Ferfal's book. The world doesn't have to go full Mad Max for currency to become dirt.

Amazon product ASIN 9870563457.
    That's where I got some of my info. I used to love watching the podcast Fernando and Matt Bracken would do, but I don't believe they do it anymore. Not only that, but Fernando came out against the first amendment in one of his videos, and changed his stance more than a flip flop on the covid hysteria. Still study his books, though.

Top Bottom