• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PopFizz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    The cpx-1 model did have a few issues with it. I own the cpx-2 (no safety, some improved internals) and it has worked flawless for me through approximately 500-600 rounds.

TR1032

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    I had a CPX-1 and never had a problem with it. A friend bought one at the same time and had to send it back to the factory to correct problems with the safety and light strikes due to a firing pin issue.

LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    According to the G&A article I read, its not a bad gun. I think the author had a few hiccups with the gun, but an overall it was a good review.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I own a CPX2 and it has been trouble free.(around 7-800 rounds).
    If you do have a problem, it comes with life-time warrenty and I've heard nothing but good stuff about their service.

Whitey1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Patrick Sweeney wrote that Guns and Ammo article. Former gunsmith and world champion revolver shooter among other things. When he speaks about guns, I believe him.

Speedway

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have had a CPX-1 for a year and half. I had trouble with the trigger resetting. I did the repair I found on YouTube and it fixed the problem. The video also shows you how disassemble / assemble very well. Also use factor ammo with this gun and you will never have a problem.
    This is my carry gun, but I may sell it to get a Glock 42. I have a G-19 and love it and the 42 is about the same size as the CPX-1.
    SCCY CPX Frame detail strip and trigger reset adjustment - YouTube

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    My CPX-1 has been my carry piece for the last 5 years. Initially, the safety would come on occasionally when shooting but the safety delete kit from SCCY fixed that. Only other issue is the trigger guard tears the hell out of my trigger finger when shooting a lot.
    This past Saturday I picked up a XDs as it's summer replacement.

Matt

Top Bottom