• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msuspartan

Plinker
    Jun 29, 2011
    Fishers
    Though I was not diligent, Midwest Powders is a scam. First you must buy $200 then what I thought was a bit much, was then they go through PAYPAL but it ends up going to a personal account as PAYPAL does not allow payment for guns or powder. DO NOT ORDER from them. After they complained about how I was supposed to 'pay' them, They said I would get a refund and have received nothing for over a week. PayPal and my CC was not able to procure a refund. Find a more reputable powder company!!! My $200 mistake but just a FYI for all my Blackpowder Brothers and Sisters out there.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sorry about your loss, but there's a lot of that kind of internet scam crap going on right now, and especially in the firearms genre.
    Best right now to only deal with known suppliers.

Dog1

Master
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Sorry about your loss, but there's a lot of that kind of internet scam crap going on right now, and especially in the firearms genre.
    Best right now to only deal with known suppliers.
    Yup...big warning flag is if they have in stock stuff that is hard to get or the price seems to good to be true.

Any form of payment like PP, Venmo or crypto is a warning as well..

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Probably won't help, but here.

Registered to someone in Iceland.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230509-191633.png
      Screenshot_20230509-191633.png
      300.9 KB · Views: 10
    • Screenshot_20230509-191613.png
      Screenshot_20230509-191613.png
      323.6 KB · Views: 10

yetti462

Master
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    My buddy about ordered a bunch of 308, he said it got real fishy when he didn't carry through with payment and started getting texts and calls from a personal number

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you arent paying by credit card, its a scam. No reputable vendor uses zelle, Paypal friends and family, etc. PERIOD. FULL STOP. Only use a credit card so you are protected.

And paypal will laugh in your face AND close your account and keep any funds in it for breaking their rules against buying gun and gun related items using their service against the rules. I think I also heard as part of the TOS they can "fine" you for breaking them. (e.g. you not only lose your money but they also charge you a significant fee (up to $1500) )

Top Bottom