• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Before we even got to Lucas, traffic on 65N at the south split was backed up. Saw many folk stopping in the travel lane hoping someone would let them in.

Saw some lady trying to back out of a parking garage and thrn try to go the wrong way.

Saw a pedestrian see the crosswalk counter get to 00 and jumped out in front of a couple of cars.

Saw the random musicians using buckets as a drum.

Finally saw some monster trucks.
    1000008119.jpg 1000008080.jpg 1000008047.jpg 1000007984.jpg 1000007953.jpg

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The youngins were there today.

I used to watch bigfoot and grave digger do mud drags on Friday night. They had real trucks back then. I think gravedigger's son in law is driving it now.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I worked the event and got to watch a lot of it. My favorite part was the timed portion at the end. The runs by Grave Digger and Digatron were awesome.
    I think those were the only 2 trucks even trying to put on a good show.

I take that back, bad company did as well.

Megalodon tried but didn't make it happen.

The others were fun to watch but not nearly as fun as the others.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Better eyes and or viewpoint than I have/had. That and we aren't much into monster trucks...

Shaker was fun to watch but I think we only saw it run once?
    I was standing in the north entry where the Lucas Oil vehicles are displayed. The one was reddish and the other was dark purple or black. I liked shaker because it was the old Kaiser(?) truck body.
    I'm not really in to the trucks, I just like watching them do the stunts.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I was standing in the north entry where the Lucas Oil vehicles are displayed. The one was reddish and the other was dark purple or black. I liked shaker because it was the old Kaiser(?) truck body.
    I'm not really in to the trucks, I just like watching them do the stunts.
    Was that your patrol car we saw on South street?

We had to go to the west entrance on our way in for the diaper bag to be checked, we exited the north entrance right as the last truck finished.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't believe all the yahoos waiting to exit at meridian and west street. The boys and I worked our way past them from 65 south and exited at Harding. I'm guessing we were parked and walking to LOS long before most of those people made it down the ramps.

I thought Grave Digger was going to have a tough time taking the freestyle win but he managed to pull it off. Was also a little concerned about Meents landing on his lid at the end. Some were certainly trying harder than others for the freestyle points.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I couldn't believe all the yahoos waiting to exit at meridian and west street. The boys and I worked our way past them from 65 south and exited at Harding. I'm guessing we were parked and walking to LOS long before most of those people made it down the ramps.

I thought Grave Digger was going to have a tough time taking the freestyle win but he managed to pull it off. Was also a little concerned about Meents landing on his lid at the end. Some were certainly trying harder than others for the freestyle points.
    We almost did the same thing. We realized the ramp going to West, everyone was using just one turn lane. Bet we saved 30 minutes compared to everyone just using the one lane.

Had my dad who is almos 80 and falling apart everyway imaginable with us plus my 3 year old, made parking/walking annoying with all the idiots that can't comprehend your group can't go as fast and thats why we stayed to the side. Lost count how many tried to run us over.

All that said, the time together with family was worth it even if it was a pain in the butt getting there and back.

Top Bottom